GTWBB 2022 (Off-season thread)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Women's rankings are all over the place! I was just looking at HoopGurlz 2023 rankings and Melious isn't in their top 100.
That is because Shane is at war with The Hoopers. Earlier in pages back, we had a dialogue concerning Dan Melious‘ tweets to Shane Laflin of HoopGurlz/ESPNW. Laflin supports other AAU camps and not really in the NEast. He claims to never see Nicole play. Although w/ Brandon Clay, she has played all over the country(not too much in the West). Seems to be two factions and the GT coaches are smart to be part of both and stay neutral by focusing on the prospects. You have Clay and Laflin. Now ASGR has merged with HoopSeen this past week, in an attempt to be a third player(apart, they were smaller).

I certainly don’t know everything because I follow most of the other sports Tech plays including Hockey, but a buddy of mine agrees that since Shane became the “guy” at ESPNW, it has gone spiraling downward. If you click on most of the detailed info. under a prospects name, it will not have any information. Much of the data that is revealed is out of date or incorrect. Such as where they now go to H.S.
He had Paris Miller still committed to us, last time I looked. That was over a year ago, & she did not sign last November. The majority of his lists, contain only the girls he is involved with or has access to.

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
That is because Shane is at war with The Hoopers. Earlier in pages back, we had a dialogue concerning Dan Melious‘ tweets to Shane Laflin of HoopGurlz/ESPNW. Laflin supports other AAU camps and not really in the NEast. He claims to never see Nicole play. Although w/ Brandon Clay, she has played all over the country(not too much in the West). Seems to be two factions and the GT coaches are smart to be part of both and stay neutral by focusing on the prospects. You have Clay and Laflin. Now ASGR has merged with HoopSeen this past week, in an attempt to be a third player(apart, they were smaller).

I certainly don’t know everything because I follow most of the other sports Tech plays including Hockey, but a buddy of mine agrees that since Shane became the “guy” at ESPNW, it has gone spiraling downward. If you click on most of the detailed info. under a prospects name, it will not have any information. Much of the data that is revealed is out of date or incorrect. Such as where they now go to H.S.
He had Paris Miller still committed to us, last time I looked. That was over a year ago, & she did not sign last November. The majority of his lists, contain only the girls he is involved with or has access to.
Laflin and direcor bryan willaims are fignting over a women. I heard bryan had relations w a wonen shane dates. Shane is a martial arts expert according to social media he almost beat up willaims . All this not nicoles fault . Her ha stats and aau games are enough .

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Laflin and direcor bryan willaims are fignting over a women. I heard bryan had relations w a wonen shane dates. Shane is a martial arts expert according to social media he almost beat up willaims . All this not nicoles fault . Her ha stats and aau games are enough .
I’m mainly telling this third party from the Dan Melious perspective. Not saying that the story you referenced is an untrue one or that it’s not the cause of Laflin allegedly wanting revenge and taking it out on the AAU club. I am not privy to that end of it, nor do I want to be or care. Shane has been known to not care for Prospect Nation or who they evaluate, train, help place and follow. That potentially is Dan’s gripe. I’ve noticed that with other players who are not in the Northeast, some are here in Georgia. They are not on the ESPNW lists, but Kyle Sandy, Chris Hanson of Prospects Nation(he’s aligned w/ Brandon Clay), & Bret McCormick of ASGR, all have had them on their first-team.

Last edited:

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m mainly telling this third party from the Dan Melious perspective. Not saying that the story you referenced is an untrue one or that it’s not the cause of Laflin allegedly wanting revenge and taking it out on the AAU club. I am not privy to that end of it, nor do I want to be or care. Shane has been known to not care for Prospect Nation or who they evaluate, train, help place and follow. That potentially is Dan’s gripe. I’ve noticed that with other players who are not in the Northeast, some are here in Georgia. They are not on the ESPNW lists, but Kyle Sandy, Chris Hanson of Prospects Nation(he’s aligned w/ Brandon Clay), & Bret McCormick of ASGR, all have had them on their first-team.
This seems like an episode of the tv series Swagger on Apple TV+. Players and parents getting all worked up over some meaningless ranking system. The fact of the matter is it ultimately means nothing to players like Nicole as her talents speak for themselves and she has a top scholarship already locked up. It may have some impact on the less well known recruits limiting their exposure. For a ranking system like Shane's to be so petty to carry grudges over personal matters speaks volumes about his character/professionalism and discredits his service to a level that it surprises me that ESPN would want it included in their "family" (not that ESPN doesn't have their own agendas as we all know).

And if there is anyone he should be upset with it is his girlfriend.

Last edited:

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
Agree

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I watched her great hops and leaping ability on film this morning. Not that Tech can’t get on her, but the location was Utah or out West. Think she was a 2024.

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan

Why is fortner wnd coaches not going home visit for melious? Why is it maybe laflin in her ear w associate head coaxh