GTWBB 2022 (Off-season thread)

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s got nothing to do with the competition. Tech has at least a half dozen scholarships to fill for 2023-24. Great players know they will get the majority of the minutes no matter who is around them. UConn will use all 15, and they only take “Burger Gals” or potential WNBA Superstars. I’m going to go by what Nicole typed yesterday. Daddy Dan is her AAU Coach and he allows this to be her decision, on whether it was Purdue, GT, Connecticut or another school. The man has his plate full caring for his wife and young daughter Peyton. She would get plenty of exposure in hoops as a Husky, while it’s a short train ride away.
Honestly, nova, lasalle, maybe gtown or gdub, up to conn is w in a 3 hr drive. I think her dad has his hands full w his ailing wife, peyton and bryan Williams director and a coach dunn will take rhe lead. I thought this commitment was solid. Since march her mom has a bunch issues. I respect the young lady and admitre her.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Yeah, I don't consider UConn to be close to home. It's not like Geno is going to let her come and go as she pleases to take care of her family. If she plays for Rider, St Peters, Monmouth, LIU, Columbia, or Fordham then I would say she's staying close to home.
This is an honest question; not trying to be confrontational. In MBB, if you’re good enough the NBA can find you. I don’t remember a player coming out of the schools you mentioned, into the WNBA. She wants to play pro. in the U.S.
When it was told to me that UConn. was watching her specifically workout, this seemed to make sense from a regional compass. The Huskies seem to be the pink blood of our nation. Again, I could be totally off base & this could be strictly NIL.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Honestly, nova, lasalle, maybe gtown or gdub, up to conn is w in a 3 hr drive. I think her dad has his hands full w his ailing wife, peyton and bryan Williams director and a coach dunn will take rhe lead. I thought this commitment was solid. Since march her mom has a bunch issues. I respect the young lady and admitre her.
Yes, heart surgery is definitely a concern. All of those schools are closer than Tech. Nicole may want to have family and friends at more of her games. Who knows?

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
This is an honest question; not trying to be confrontational. In MBB, if you’re good enough the NBA can find you. I don’t remember a player coming out of the schools you mentioned, into the WNBA. She wants to play pro. in the U.S.
When it was told to me that UConn. was watching her specifically workout, this seemed to make sense from a regional compass. The Huskies seem to be the pink blood of our nation. Again, I could be totally off base & this could be strictly NIL.
World exposure i inboxed said hes friends w director williams, pro as in overseas.
He said lasalle or seton hall .

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s got nothing to do with the competition. Tech has at least a half dozen scholarships to fill for 2023-24. Great players know they will get the majority of the minutes no matter who is around them. UConn will use all 15, and they only take “Burger Gals” or potential WNBA Superstars. I’m going to go by what Nicole typed yesterday. Daddy Dan is her AAU Coach and he allows this to be her decision, on whether it was Purdue, GT, Connecticut or another school. The man has his plate full caring for his wife and young daughter Peyton. She would get plenty of exposure in hoops as a Husky, while it’s a short train ride away.
Maybe had to w staying near mom, maybe her camp knew abkut the AD, maybe its what i said weeks ago, they doing home visits ti all recruits, but not her. Its like my wife seeing me out w all these girls , questions will arise. Maybe they took her for granted . Nicole melious hurts us. Gut punch here

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Maybe had to w staying near mom, maybe her camp knew abkut the AD, maybe its what i said weeks ago, they doing home visits ti all recruits, but not her. Its like my wife seeing me out w all these girls , questions will arise. Maybe they took her for granted . Nicole melious hurts us. Gut punch here
Nicole has a rough road ahead. She has a young sister and a very ill mother. She was very candid about why she switched to LaSalle and we should respect her decision. She did not decommit to us to get more exposure at UConn. At least, not yet.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It’s got nothing to do with Tech not wanting a home visit. The family controlled that. Our coaches were nothing but admirable and up front in their recruitment. They believed in Nicole, wanted her here, and I can’t imagine them taking her for granted.

Heard from more than one source, they were front and center at camps, games, et al. Definitely spent a decent portion of the budget going after her.

@orientalnc put it very succinctly for the reasoning.

The A.D. had nothing to do with this. AAD Joleen Akin is secure in her position. All of the GTW programs made the NCAA Dance.

Certainly it hurts. Laci Steele would make up for the loss, although my guess is NC St. She is probably the best student-athlete combination still out there.

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s got nothing to do with Tech not wanting a home visit. The family controlled that. Our coaches were nothing but admirable and up front in their recruitment. They believed in Nicole, wanted her here, and I can’t imagine them taking her for granted.

Heard from more than one source, they were front and center at camps, games, et al. Definitely spent a decent portion of the budget going after her.

@orientalnc put it very succinctly for the reasoning.

The A.D. had nothing to do with this. AAD Joleen Akin is secure in her position. All of the GTW programs made the NCAA Dance.

Certainly it hurts. Laci Steele would make up for the loss, although my guess is NC St. She is probably the best student-athlete combination still out there.
Laci is good not a someone carry a load