#GTvsUNC Postgame GT 21 - UNC 17

Deleted member 6494

Is this the inverse Collins effect?
It happens over and over again; I have seen it many times in my life. Look at Texas A&M; they had the best all time recruiting year in all of football, plus they already had good players and supposedly one of the college's best coaches.

Sometimes, a coach may have all the best players, but either he does not click with them or has done something that has really irritated them to the point they don't want to win for him.

Personally, I think it would be foolish of Texas A&M to get rid of Fisher and owe him all that money. I would let him coach next year. If I was the Ad, I would talk with him and the players to solve the problem. The reason our players are doing better is that the problem has been solved when Collins was let go.

I have nothing against Collins, but there had to be some problem between him and the players.

Deleted member 6494

WOW!
WOWOWOWOWIWOWOWOWOWOW

Where are the Brent Key haters now? A top 25 road win with 3rd and 4th string QBs, our best WR out, playing against a Heisman candidate at QB

LETS ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DAMN MAN. COACH KEY WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT SO HARD TO ROOT FOR THE CHADWELL HIRE?!?!?!? Still not convinced Key can’t do great things here. And Thacker’s defense?!? WOOOOOOWWWW
You are greatly mislead; I doubt there is one person on this entire forum that hates Key. Why, I don't even know the person, yet I don't believe he will get the job, and I don't think he deserves it when there are other coaches out there with a lot more experience and the records to back it up. As a fan, I want the best coach for Tech, and from my perspective he is not the one.

Deleted member 6494

One of the most courageous performances ever in the long history of Georgia Tech. The two quarterbacks played exceptional and kept their heads in a hostile environment. Our running backs ran hard and blocked when called upon to do so. I kept telling my wife on the last drive that if we have to punt we will lose but we never did. The quarterback sweep on second and long just caught them totally flat footed. An impressive win over a ranked team. Coach Key, even if he does not get the permanent job, has a memory for the ages.
That is correct; he probably will not get the job, but he can be proud of his performance as the interim. All of the Tech teams have a history, and his name will be in the history pages of Tech football for this season.

Deleted member 6494

I have not seen UNC play this year but their defense must be pretty bad judging by the last possession when we got the first downs and they KNEW we were going to run the ball. How about that Hall reaching with the ball for the last first down?
North Carolina's defense has been terrible all year; their offense and quarterback has carried them all year.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
1668921604756.png

Gt FB page is posting some fire pics

Deleted member 6494

Maybe this was posted earlier. I am too juiced right now and Woodford's is being mainlined.

What makes this even crazier: Georgia Tech’s school record for largest halftime lead surrendered in a loss was 17 vs. UNC in 1986. UNC’s quarterback that day was Mark Maye, father of Drake. Thanks to Andy Demetra via Twitter.
Maybe the ghost of Notre Dame was with us today.

JacketFan137

Banned
It happens over and over again; I have seen it many times in my life. Look at Texas A&M; they had the best all time recruiting year in all of football, plus they already had good players and supposedly one of the college's best coaches.

Sometimes, a coach may have all the best players, but either he does not click with them or has done something that has really irritated them to the point they don't want to win for him.

Personally, I think it would be foolish of Texas A&M to get rid of Fisher and owe him all that money. I would let him coach next year. If I was the Ad, I would talk with him and the players to solve the problem. The reason our players are doing better is that the problem has been solved when Collins was let go.

I have nothing against Collins, but there had to be some problem between him and the players.
to be fair having the best recruiting class isn’t gonna show the fruits of the labor year 1. you really don’t benefit from a recruiting class til year 2/3/4 as the players develop and get acclimated to the college game. you probably won’t see the freshman really get involved till the latter half of the season

JacketBacker

Georgia Tech Fan
That is correct; he probably will not get the job, but he can be proud of his performance as the interim. All of the Tech teams have a history, and his name will be in the history pages of Tech football for this season.
Clip ‘n save…I was at the game (live in Raleigh) sitting near Tech’s tunnel. After the game J Batt and Brent Key didn’t merely share a hug, or even a bear hug. No, this was a full on, full frontal manly embrace, the kind that says “if you promise not to lay an egg in Athens, you got the job, I promise.” We shall see. Maybe they were simply caught up in the moment, but I know what I saw.

JacketFan137

Banned
Clip ‘n save…I was at the game (live in Raleigh) sitting near Tech’s tunnel. After the game J Batt and Brent Key didn’t merely share a hug, or even a bear hug. No, this was a full on, full frontal manly embrace, the kind that says “if you promise not to lay an egg in Athens, you got the job, I promise.” We shall see. Maybe they were simply caught up in the moment, but I know what I saw.
if key beats uga in athens he’s getting a life time contract with an $80 BILLION buyout.