#GTvsUNC Postgame GT 21 - UNC 17

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I thought we would beat Miami easily and lose handily to UNC. Talk about being way off. Lol. Great game for White. He probably made himself some money tonight. Happy for Gibson to bounce back as well. Maybe he isn’t the worst QB in the history of football after all.

slugboy

Staff member
I thought we would beat Miami easily and lose handily to UNC. Talk about being way off. Lol. Great game for White. He probably made himself some money tonight. Happy for Gibson to bounce back as well. Maybe he isn’t the worst QB in the history of football after all.
Hats off to Gibson. If he quit after the UVA game, most fans would have been glad to see him go. He was a huge part of tonight’s upset.
Way to tough it out and get better

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
You do realize we were playing our 3rd and 4th string QBs and our #1 WR was out as well, right?
I do, and agree that we got more out of our offense than most of us expected and there were outstanding performances there.

I was TRYING to point out though that it was a HUGE game by our D that won this game, not the 21 points we scored on offense.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I do, and agree that we got more out of our offense than most of us expected and there were outstanding performances there.

I was TRYING to point out though that it was a HUGE game by our D that won this game, not the 21 points we scored on offense.

The 21 points on offense was equally as instrumental in winning the game. No matter how well the D plays, you still have to outscore your opponent.

Agree the D was stellar though.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I was struck by that too. Gibson looked more poised even with rushers in his face. He worked through his progressions to get key first downs. Meanwhile Maye looked bewildered at times.

This is why football can be so much fun.
Our defense kept Maye bewildered. I wasn't so surprised Gibson had a good day. He's been sold short ever since he took the field, IMO. But yeah, college football can be so much fun.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was struck by that too. Gibson looked more poised even with rushers in his face. He worked through his progressions to get key first downs. Meanwhile Maye looked bewildered at times.

This is why football can be so much fun.
To be fair, Gibson is used to rushers being in his face while Maye was probably confused as hell when our DL was dropping in coverage.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The 21 points on offense was equally as instrumental in winning the game. No matter how well the D plays, you still have to outscore your opponent.

Agree the D was stellar though.
The D held the #9 offense to 17 pts.

The O scored 21 pts on the 118th defense.

A good night overall and great team win but it's pretty clear who had the better night.