#GTvsMIA Postgame

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

From the same thread 😂😂
1696904280792.png

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
It's a great argument against the "we scored a touchdown too quickly" complaints that pop up sometimes especially in the second half of close games.

Getting 7 is basically best-case for a drive. If you can get it, take it.

The more plays you have to attempt to try to score, the more chance of the drive fizzling out or a turnover.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Okay, let me put it another way. He’s had 16 pass blocking snaps through six games. That’s less than three snaps per game for what you’re referring to as his strength. That’s not enough volume to warrant how poor of a runner he’s been since the Louisville game, and that’s assuming pass blocking is his strength (which I disagree on anyways).

You missed what what i said. I said he was good at blitz pickup. Part of that is calling for them and such. How many pass blocking snaps has jamal had i am not going to pay them for their site.

I'd say jamal is usually on a route so its probably very low.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Quote from the Miami-sourced article:

Offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson said he called for the handoff, but didn’t elaborate as to what was said on the headsets before the play was called. Dawson said he didn’t sleep Saturday night and called it “as hard of a loss as I’ve had in my career.”

“What we did at the end was the wrong decision,” Dawson said. “I called it, it is what it is. I wish we would have done something different but we didn’t. So gotta live with it. It was the wrong thing to do.”

From the above report, it looks like my hunch as to who actually called the play — as I stated in a previous post — is correct. And Cristobal, listening to Dawson on his headphone, didn’t overrule him.

It was a brain fart, from both UM coaches.

Decisions, decisions.

And how about the quick-thinking decisions on what plays to call from Buster Faulkner, Chris Weinke and Brent Key following the fumble recovery? They turned out to be the correct ones … with some improvisation from King and Leary on the last touchdown play, of course. 👍

Last edited: