#GTvsMIA Postgame

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Re the Miami fumble, the ref looked like he was in good position to make the proper call, unlike the TV angles. They were right to let the call stand in that situation. It was a situation where the ball carrier is on top of a defender which always makes the ball carrier look like he's down. So I don't see how you overrule the guy on the field.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
But the odds of the PAT going the other way are crazy low, and if you have a four point lead a FG doesn’t matter, so they’d only have a Hail Mary attempt.

Unless you’re trying to put them in a position where best case they’re kicking to send it to OT instead of passing to try to win, but at that point you’re getting really ahead of yourself…
The odds of a team fumbling on a controversial call with less than 30 seconds left, and then us going 75 yards on 3 plays with no timeouts and scoring a touchdown are even crazier low. There was no need to kick the PAT, especially given how rocky our special teams have been at times. A TD on a Hail Mary would beat us any way, absolutely no chance you give them a shot to win that game on a field goal

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
Honestly, felt bad for this UM player when I saw it last night. Bad lip reading, looks like he's saying "What the eff are we doing?!" These kids have to run the plays that are called, but if you've ever played sports, sometimes you disagree with what the coach wants you to do. This is why I also love college sports. The passion for the game is just different on the college level versus the NFL.

same reason why I do not watch NFL, but college football.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of games that came down to one big play - GT vs. FSU when Nesbitt took the ball away from FSU after a fumble. Watch these highlights and you miss that team. I swear we were always going to get the 1 - 2 yards needed on the midline option.

That was a team of men. I was drunk as hell at that game. 2 hour lightning delay. It was glorious

MusicalBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly, felt bad for this UM player when I saw it last night. Bad lip reading, looks like he's saying "What the eff are we doing?!" These kids have to run the plays that are called, but if you've ever played sports, sometimes you disagree with what the coach wants you to do. This is why I also love college sports. The passion for the game is just different on the college level versus the NFL.

Man, I was thinking the same thing .. and the video stayed on him a long time. On the other hand .. there’s no limited crying in football and he’s now going to be a meme (“what the eff are we doing? <sob>”). The guy, Chaney, too, was having a moment of self-reckoning…

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The clock does not start on a kick until someone trying to field the ball touches the ball. The ball really needed to stay inbounds. Frankly I prefer a kick out of the endzone and force them to make a 75 yard play.
I agree if you know for sure the kick will be in the endzone. But you don't. If not it is a bigger risk than a squib for a run back because the best returner on the squib should not be fielding the ball.. I personally never agree with purposibly giving the other team's best player the ball. Football 101.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
We were handed a win. Made a play when it mattered, but a serious blunder resulted in a win. We were man handled all night.
Actually your first and second sentences are factually incorrect. We were handed and opportunity to win. We made several plays to convert the opportunity that Cristobal’s epic blunder 2.0 gave us. Don’t get me wrong; we benefitted from an unfathomable error of judgment by the Miami coaches. But they still had the lead. We had to go 74 yards with no timeouts in 25sec. Not something one would expect us to do given how our offense had played the previous 6.5 quarters of football.

And no, I’m not commenting on your fanhood. I just think your post was inaccurate.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
My kids and I have “mischievous” skeletons that move around the yard in October. They’ve tackled a lot of hot topics in the past, but today they are reminding Miami fans what Victory Formation looks like… again…
IMG_7288.jpeg

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Had to play conservative due to skill of miami d . Then , at the very end, whdn conservative wouldnt work - we opened up
I am then left to wonder if we had played wide open, full throttle, ***** to the wall offense the entire game - could we have scored a TD every 25 seconds or so for the rest of the game? but, otoh, I worry that if we had, we would have gassed our D for being on the field so long and therefore ended up losing. ;)

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I agree if you know for sure the kick will be in the endzone. But you don't. If not it is a bigger risk than a squib for a run back because the best returner on the squib should not be fielding the ball.. I personally never agree with purposibly giving the other team's best player the ball. Football 101.
As it turned out we gave them a very reasonable opportunity for a final play. Simply can’t kick the ball out of bounds there.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
He’s the second lowest graded player in pass blocking on the team, according to PFF. An extremely low 30.0 grade.

Honestly I am not sure I trust pff until the whole seasons over with. And when it comes to running backs they often grade things off. Sometimes grading scrape blocks as misses.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I would like a generous helping of salt with the crow I am about to eat with my wife ridiculing my lack of faith in the Jackets. I was going to share what the Miami fans said on Canesinsight but there were so many expletives that it was reduced to unintelligible gibberish. Suffice to say, they are a trifle upset with Mario. A couple of them claim that the fumble was not a fumble that the runner's arm was down. Anyone care to comment on that.
I thought they would overturn the call and Miami would keep possession. The replay sure looked like his elbow hit as the ball came out. There was an official looking directly at the play that seemed to have a good view of the tackle/fumble and he ruled a fumble. The tv view was screened by a player or maybe the ref. I don't remember who. Glad it went our way for once.