#GTvsMIA Postgame. Tech falls short 33-30

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
My biggest concern is players feed on confidence. It is really hard to have confidence when you lose a lot of close games you had a chance to win. I am very concerned about the ability to hold our current recruits or keep our best talent from transferring if we have a 3 or 4 win season.
Recruits just don’t think that way. If they see guys at their position not playing well, the mindset for an 18 year old coming in is that he will change that. Kids start decommiting when the entire fanbase has turned on the coach publicly.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Not too hurt anyone’s feelings or say bad things about the players but…how many more poor performances/decisions/terrible plays from Sims before we really can all agree that he isn’t our guy? Sure he makes plays but for every great play he makes terrible decisions and costs us in crucial times.

Of course the o doesn’t help. Nor does defense still letting guys get wide open. Nor does terrible coaching. Nor does terrible officiating.

Nor does my complaining.

This game had everything that’s gone wrong all season today.

Do just enough to stay in it. Then blow it and break my heart.

See ya fellas.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
We are in a bad place. 3-9, 3 seasons in a row. Stuck with staff due to money. Fan support is fading big time, which cuts more money from us, as you can see with attendance At games.

Not sure what to do with this situation.

The improvement in recruiting, which has been the only positive of this staff, is going to start dropping with the product we are putting on the field. Guys have to see we aren’t winning games and we are not making guys look good to help them try to make the NFL. Please tell me 1 player outside of Gibbs that has a chance to play at the next level based on current play?

The defense is atrocious. The offense is so inconsistent. We have such little margin for error because of the OL play, Sims poor throws, receivers not giving full effort on plays and when we do make a play we kill ourselves with penalties. It’s the most frustrating thing to watch this team play.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
So to get to a bowl game we need to win out. Against ND,BC,uGA. I’m gonna be sick. Just looking at this season. NIU,VT,UVA,CLEM. All winnable games. We could be be 7-2 right now with better coaching and play calling. But we are sitting here 3-6 with no hope, and no clue what we are doing as a team.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
So to get to a bowl game we need to win out. Against ND,BC,uGA. I’m gonna be sick. Just looking at this season. NIU,VT,UVA,CLEM. All winnable games. We could be be 7-2 right now with better coaching and play calling. But we are sitting here 3-6 with no hope, and no clue what we are doing as a team.
But we only have 4 more years damn thats a long time but it would be 12 more wins ( maybe)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Yes I meant the quarterback sorry about the extra m. And yes the OL was pretty bad but even when he did have time he was pretty inaccurate. Like at the end of the game when he was rolling out and threw it over Gibbs head.
Jeff was clearly rattled and understandably so. He did not look like a confident quarterback whereas Van Dyke had all day to throw the ball and was sacked just once.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I still cannot watch GT football for more than 5 minutes at a time. What little I did see made me ill, especially the inability to hit simple medium range passes. There were just a TON of passes thrown into the dirt at receivers' feet. We've got a lot of issues, and QB is one of them.
I don't even watch the game in real time, I get so upset. I record it, then decide if I want to watch it later, or at all...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Jeff was clearly rattled and understandably so. He did not look like a confident quarterback whereas Van Dyke had all day to throw the ball and was sacked just once.
A mixed bag. Actually, I thought he did well to dump the ball off under pressure for gains. He was obviously off-target, though, on several throws to open receivers.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Bowl game? Our "bowl game" is next week against BC as it is the only game left that we have a chance to win.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
This offense blows. The play calling and scheme are too vanilla for any school without 5 star dudes outbodying defenses.

Defense… effort is there.. not sure anything else is there.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
6 yards? On 4 possessions? Pretty bad but the wonder is that Miami only beat us by 3 points. It is almost a shame that both teams could not lose.
It's like our OC never dreamed that they might actually need some crunch time plays late. Thought he would just be calling easy plays to make the score closer against a prevent defense , as usual.