#GTvsMIA Postgame. Tech falls short 33-30

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
1636230045650.png

1636230062890.png

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Honestly starting to really feel for our players. Still finding new ways to lose, horrible refs, horrible clock management etc .
At times I see glimmers of a good offense but our Defence man, it's special alright.
Yates needs to come back out and maybe help Simms

Not much else to say, GT football isn't fun right now

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I really don’t see how you can put Simms out there again next week. He’s missing throws everywhere and it just seems like the football iq isn’t there. How do you throw it away on fourth down?
We don’t have a Simms

If you were taking about our QB, maybe you should watch just the OL for a couple plays.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Offense was mediocre but got helped by turnovers. But at the end, the culprit remains the defense. They can't stop either the run or pass effectively. Last 5 games since NC win...

Yards per game
OpponentRushPassTotal
Pitt
181​
399​
580​
Duke
197​
292​
489​
Virginia
240​
396​
636​
Va. Tech
237​
254​
491​
Miami
175​
389​
564​
5 Game Avg.
206​
346​
552​

To be effective on defense you have to take something away. We struggle with both run and pass defense.
Wow giving up 500+ yards per game is something… That’s effort to maintain that

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I still cannot watch GT football for more than 5 minutes at a time. What little I did see made me ill, especially the inability to hit simple medium range passes. There were just a TON of passes thrown into the dirt at receivers' feet. We've got a lot of issues, and QB is one of them.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
Sims had a bad game. And he’s had other bad games but not like this. Intermediate passes were off. Wasn’t even looking deep most of the game. Maybe the game plan was to not attack their secondary deep. But it’s one game, on to next week and evaluate the state of the qb position after the season.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Offense was mediocre but got helped by turnovers. But at the end, the culprit remains the defense. They can't stop either the run or pass effectively. Last 5 games since NC win...

Yards per game
OpponentRushPassTotal
Pitt
181​
399​
580​
Duke
197​
292​
489​
Virginia
240​
396​
636​
Va. Tech
237​
254​
491​
Miami
175​
389​
564​
5 Game Avg.
206​
346​
552​

To be effective on defense you have to take something away. We struggle with both run and pass defense.
To put this in perspective (though last week's stats per average game), Pitts has averaged 531 on offense (we were 49 worse), Duke has averaged 451 (we had 38 worse), Virginia has averaged 545 (we had 91 worse), VT has averaged 337 (we had 227 worse) and Miami has averaged 440 (we were 112 worse). So every team averaged more than their weekly average with the last 3 significantly better...and remember excluding Miami their average included their big offense games against us or their stats wouldn't be as strong.

CubeE

Georgia Tech Fan
We don’t have a Simms

If you were taking about our QB, maybe you should watch just the OL for a couple plays.
Yes I meant the quarterback sorry about the extra m. And yes the OL was pretty bad but even when he did have time he was pretty inaccurate. Like at the end of the game when he was rolling out and threw it over Gibbs head.

pcctlw

Georgia Tech Fan
We are just horrible. Same song and dance each week with the same results. Looks worse than GT 1992-1994. Need a fresh start including the AD. Would not trust the AD on the next coaching search.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Defense didn't play well but it's hard to say they didn't do things needed for us to win. Gave up 33, accounted for 9. Got other turnovers as well.

Offense was just bad. Had some good plays by the RBs but that was about it. OL couldn't cut it, Sims was inaccurate, and the WRs unhelpful. The worst thing has been the seeming change in playcalling from one that tried to make plays even if it came with risks to one that seems just afraid of making mistakes. Whether it's Sims or Yates we have to get aggressive pass calls against the defenses we are seeing. If it doesn't work out and we turn it over, oh well, but conservative safe playcalling isn't going to accomplish anything.

Also, man those refs were terrible.

Last edited:

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Sims had a bad game. And he’s had other bad games but not like this. Intermediate passes were off. Wasn’t even looking deep most of the game. Maybe the game plan was to not attack their secondary deep. But it’s one game, on to next week and evaluate the state of the qb position after the season.
Yea Sims didn’t look as sharp as previously.

I was more frustrated with the play calling. It seemed like every time we did pass it was 3rd and long.

When the run was working, that’s fine. They adjusted and we didn’t. Kept running the ball on early downs and had 3rd and 5+ a lot.

That leaves tighter windows or more pressure.

CDP didn’t put Sims in a position to succeed, but Sims did miss some easy throws that he should’ve made.

OL was Swiss cheesy again today too which doesn’t help.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
My biggest concern is players feed on confidence. It is really hard to have confidence when you lose a lot of close games you had a chance to win. I am very concerned about the ability to hold our current recruits or keep our best talent from transferring if we have a 3 or 4 win season.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck

Impressive that we were that close to winning with such bad day for Sims. He was able to do some good things on the ground but ultimately couldn't push the ball down the field all day and that seemed to make everything harder on offense. Imagine if he was on.

Mason and Gibbs are BAMFs

OL was.... better? Maybe a smudge at times but still not great. Doesn't help to lose minivan

Defense gave up a ton of yards and had some really poor lapses. Also came up with some key stops and turnovers that should've given enough chances to win but our offense couldn't always capitalize. Talking was extremely poor at times as well. Quez is a baller. Keion white was a bit underwhelming

I don't know what cocktail of supplements and energy drinks and vitamins and positive thinking that Sims needs to take to be ON but that needs to get figured out. If he's ON we win this game easily i think. Too many missed opportunities and mistakes

Refs did not help. That bs "PI" on Miami's first drive wound up being a game changer. And i don't think Miami got called for holding all day. I find that hard to believe