#GTvsCUSE Postgame

GTFLETCH

Banned
I thought we would take them when we fought back to pull within 3, but ultimately too many mistakes. I loved the 2nd and 3rd quarters and hated the 1st and 4th.

I love the fight and talent in this team and am hopeful for the future.
I couldn't disagree more... There was not much of a fight.... This loss should show everyone how far we have to go... I mean with all the talent we have our coaching staff sure has done a piss poor job of coaching em up... lets not even talk about the Xs & Os.... Piss Poor...

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
No pass rush thats our biggest problem. Soring 20 points per game is good. We can't get off the field on third down. No closing speed in the secondary. Defense stays on the field too long . Only 1 or 2 sacks per game. Not going to get it.

Pass rush is a problem, but I think it’s definitely below being able to kick an extra point, committing 15 penalties and turning the ball over 5 times.

GT_EE78

Banned
Pass rush is a problem, but I think it’s definitely below being able to kick an extra point, committing 15 penalties and turning the ball over 5 times.
Sure that's easy to say , but where would you put poor pass blocking and slow DB's unable to keep up with receivers in that list?

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
No pass rush thats our biggest problem. Soring 20 points per game is good. We can't get off the field on third down. No closing speed in the secondary. Defense stays on the field too long . Only 1 or 2 sacks per game. Not going to get it.
scoring 20 pts per game puts a team 118 out of 130 teams last year. scoring 20 pts a game is not good and pretty ****ty

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
You can't win games with this many turnovers. I'm starting to wonder if it would have made sense to play Yates this year, even though sims seems to have a higher ceiling, and let Sims adjust to the college level. I hope his confidence is not getting shattered here.
Yates looked like he was 2 years behind Sims; and that's bad!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Does not matter how much we move the ball if we are just going to give it away. The turnovers just have to stop. The kicking is atrocious. I do not think I have ever seen anything like our lack of a kicking game. The rb's are by far the strength of the team.
The kicking squad are no better than middle school!

GTFLETCH

Banned
1- DB’s got burned just like against UCF. #1 and #2 on defense are having horrible seasons.
2- No leader on defense to tell teammates to not line up offsides. That is just dumb football.
3- Not taking the easy 5 yards when our opponent jumps offsides. They teach that in middle school ball.
4- The kicking game makes GT a laughingstock. Our kicker actually kicked the ground before the ball.
5- Trying trick plays when you can’t make a kick is what middle schools do.
6- Play all freshmen. They are better than many on the field.
7- Gibbs is our best player and it’s not close. We haven’t had a guy who can take the corner in a long time.
8- Brown is our 2nd best player and needs to get the ball.
9- Rotate Sims and Gleason and let game play decide the future.
10- Good teams can go shotgun or under center.
11- Recruit, recruit, recruit and stay positive.
Agree with all of this... Let Tobias Oliver play as the DB are getting tourched...When is Tre Swilling coming back? Why do we not let D. Smith play more he was explosive...And when the hell is Coliins going to practice FG and PAT ..I thought he said it was on him.... The crap is not fixed

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
scoring 20 pts per game puts a team 118 out of 130 teams last year. scoring 20 pts a game is not good and pretty ****ty
Defense win games .if you have defense you always have a chance to win. Not trying to match score for score. 3 and outs. Sacks , interceptions ,pass coverage and pass rush leads to 3 and outs.and turnovers.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Frustrating is an understatement. Are we young, yes, are we missing good players yes but it's frustrating to see things not get improved week after week. We saw this last year too. Our kicking for example shows very little improvement. That's on coaches
I think the coaching staff is too young and inexperienced . Ther are no older experienced coaches on this staff. Imo that's not good.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
To put it simply, we sucked ***.

I really, REALLY missed Graham's deep ball today. I like Sims, but we threw deep ONCE and got a penalty to give us 15 yards. I don't even know what to say at this point, we were embarrassed today with more turnovers by Sims. He is a true freshman, I get that, but damn I don't know what we do at QB... I am starting to wonder if Graham actually would have been any worse than Sims today, at least with Graham we KNOW he can hit the deep ball to Brown to score points.

He did hit Brown on a deep shot inside the 5, after the Cuse DB tripped over his shoelaces
But yeah, Brown has been fairly nonexistent through three games.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
What frustrates me is most of our issues are self inflicted. If you looked at our offensive stats you would think we averaged over 30 points per game. We cannot continue to turn the ball over and absolutely must fix the kicking game. Syracuse had 17 points off of turnovers. That's the difference in the game. Us not being able to hit a 26 yard fg is pathetic. Other teams are not dominating us. We are killing ourselves.

Deleted member 2897

Miami is beating Florida State 28-3 and the second quarter has barely started.

We need to get our **** together.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
What frustrates me is most of our issues are self inflicted. If you looked at our offensive stats you would think we averaged over 30 points per game. We cannot continue to turn the ball over and absolutely must fix the kicking game. Syracuse had 17 points off of turnovers. That's the difference in the game. Us not being able to hit a 26 yard fg is pathetic. Other teams are not dominating us. We are killing ourselves.
Exactly this, if we cut out the mistakes, I think that we can still have a decent year and win 5 or 6 games. I mean, NC State, Duke, BC, and even Louisville are all very winnable games, but we have to cut out the mistakes.