#GTvsCUSE Postgame

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I've seen freshman high school teams with better kicking units than ours. He better get that fixed sooner rather than later or the fanbase patience will be decreasing rapidly.
Didn't think I would miss B King, but here we are. Wish he wasn't gone

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
If our Special Teams coach makes it past this week (or I should say to the next game in two weeks), I would be shocked and disappointed. Frankly, if Patenaude is our OC after this year I will also be disappointed but I know we aren't losing him so might as well become an alcoholic and live with him.

Scubapro

Banned
This loss shows how far our Coaching staff has to grow.. I mean look at a the 4 stars playing and we get smacked....We will need a new OC pretty quick as OC Pathetic is horrible....

Remember we beat Cuse 56-0 with 2 and 3 stars with a hof coach and TO system. I only say this because two years in a 0-2 Cuse team whipped Coach Collins ***... Our DB were smoked.... Our OL got their *** kicked... I think the team was unprepared and that falls on Coach Collins....I like his recruiting...I do not like the product on the field... penalties, block FG attempts, ****ty Offense ....

In 7 years we might be able to have B2B 6 win seasons with this coaching..
you are more optimistic that I sir...seven years will find us in the same spot

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We might have been better off spiking the ball every pass play, if you think about it. Maybe we were on to something last week.

On defense, our DL issues were laid clear. UNC and Pitt generated 7 sacks apiece. I'm not sure we got 7 hurries.

Special teams still embarrassing. I will admit that I didn't like going for it on 4th and 8, but thankfully CGC recognized that our kicking game was bad enough that we went for it and scored a TD.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The only stat that matters is which team has more points than the other team . The total yards and percentage completions give the OC something to crow about.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Does not matter how much we move the ball if we are just going to give it away. The turnovers just have to stop. The kicking is atrocious. I do not think I have ever seen anything like our lack of a kicking game. The rb's are by far the strength of the team.
Rb are scary and without Mason too. Wish for them these results were different.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
To put it simply, we sucked ***.

I really, REALLY missed Graham's deep ball today. I like Sims, but we threw deep ONCE and got a penalty to give us 15 yards. I don't even know what to say at this point, we were embarrassed today with more turnovers by Sims. He is a true freshman, I get that, but damn I don't know what we do at QB... I am starting to wonder if Graham actually would have been any worse than Sims today, at least with Graham we KNOW he can hit the deep ball to Brown to score points.

Sorry but what about the offensive lines play/coaching today makes you think the deep ball would have been any different than it was? Sims was did connect with brown on a deep ball, although Brown was wide freaking open.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Embarrassing. Lack of discipline. Still Placekicking like we think 6 feet off the ground is acceptable. We won’t beat anyone with 15+ penalties & 3+ turnovers. I don’t think CGC is a great HC. I don’t think Pnut is a great OC. The only guy I think right now can coach At a high level for sure is Choice. I have zero confidence that this is going to get significantly better. I hope I am wrong.

We don’t even teach our center to snap the ball when the other team obviously jumps offsides. Basic stuff.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Syracuse DOES NOT have a better team than Georgia Tech.

Tech simply lost because of turnover and penalties. Most of that is on the coaches.

I don't know how Yates was a 4* QB, but he should not be on the field. Good lord.
There is a false premise here. You cannot be a good team "except for turnovers and penalties". We are a bad team because of turnovers and penalties.

I think you're intending to say we have more talent than Syracuse. While I agree, our top talent is very young and/or has very few reps.