#GTCamp15

Techster

Helluva Engineer
AJC Articles:

CPJ discussing WRs:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/summers-jeune-holding-lead-at-wide-receiver/nnCNJ/

“I think that Brad Stewart and Christian Philpott have got a chance to play,” Johnson said.

Nothing surprising about Philpott...a lot of us have him pegged as the "Next GT WR". No WR on our roster has his combo of Size/Speed and game breaking ability.. He's going to stretch the field for our offense. He's already making vertical plays against the older guys.

Stewart not as surprising if you think about how CPJ personally recruited him and looked at his film subjectively and how that skillset fits into what we do. Stewart was physically ready from Day 1. Dude looks like a LB compared to the other freshmen.

CPJ discussing the BBs:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/johnson-excited-by-b-back-competition/nnCMs/

Sounds like Lands-Davis is the freshmen BB who may see some time.

Of course, they haven't put on the pads on gone full speed yet. A lot of guys who look like all stars in shorts change when the other side gets to pop you in the mouth.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I got out to practice the other day. Here are PJ Davis and JHD walking with coach Sewak after workouts.
upload_2015-8-4_17-46-18.png

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
AJC Articles:

CPJ discussing WRs:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/summers-jeune-holding-lead-at-wide-receiver/nnCNJ/

“I think that Brad Stewart and Christian Philpott have got a chance to play,” Johnson said.

Nothing surprising about Philpott...a lot of us have him pegged as the "Next GT WR". No WR on our roster has his combo of Size/Speed and game breaking ability.. He's going to stretch the field for our offense. He's already making vertical plays against the older guys.

Stewart not as surprising if you think about how CPJ personally recruited him and looked at his film subjectively and how that skillset fits into what we do. Stewart was physically ready from Day 1. Dude looks like a LB compared to the other freshmen.

Things you won't hear from Cutcliffee in ramping up for the Tech game: "They got these real good, big wide receivers ..."

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
@Southpaw13

Skov IS a beast. Got to see him in practice. He was working out in rotation with the other BBs. At break time, while everyone else was getting water, rehydrating freezer pops and grabbing some shade, he stood on the outdoor practice field -IN THE SUN -waiting for everyone to finish. He never came off the field all practice.
That is absolutely right. I was struck that he stood out there in the sun waiting for everyone to get through with their girly-man water break and come back.

Then after practice, he didn't look like he had worked out at all. He's something else.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
@Southpaw13

Skov IS a beast. Got to see him in practice. He was working out in rotation with the other BBs. At break time, while everyone else was getting water, rehydrating freezer pops and grabbing some shade, he stood on the outdoor practice field -IN THE SUN -waiting for everyone to finish. He never came off the field all practice.
Now THAT is an example for the young players.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Now THAT is an example for the young players.
It really is. Although, I would add that in general I think the water breaks are pretty necessary. Most of our guys wouldn't have made it through practice safely without the water breaks.

Btw, I'm not suggesting that he never took a sip of water at all through the practice. But, that one time he just didn't. Impressive.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Tuesday, August 4 -- Fourth Practice, It's a Hot OneTuesday was the second day of shells for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets as temperatures soared to 96 degrees with 26% humidity on The Flats. Tuesday's #GTCAMP15 practice lasted two hours; Wednesday's practice will be in full pads. Junior QB Justin Thomas had some impressive throws Tuesday during 11-on-11 drills. He connected with sophomore WR Ricky Jeune for a 51-yard touchdown. Later on, Thomas hooked up with redshirt freshman A-back Qua Searcy for 41 yards up the seam. Georgia Tech's fifth practice of #GTCAMP15 is Wednesday at 3 p.m.

Other Notables

• Havoline Football Saturdays: Get a behind-the-scenes look behind the wheel of the Georgia Tech Ramblin' Wreck during this weekend's Havoline Football Saturdays Episode 4. For a complete listing of local affiliates and airtimes, please visit www.FootballSaturdays.com.
  • Baughan Elected to Eagles Hall of Fame: Georgia Tech and College Football Hall of Famer Maxie Baughan will be inducted into the Philadelphia Eagles Hall of Fame in 2015 (VIDEO).
QUOTES OF THE DAY
"We've got more depth (on defense) which allows us to get more reps at practice. We've been running two huddles on the defense to be able to roll entire units in and out. That part's be really good and I expect that to pay dividends. The more reps we get, the better we should be." - Defensive Coordinator Ted Roof on defensive depth

"Until you get into pads and you start blocking, I mean, who knows, they can all run the routes and catch the pitch. We'll find out a lot more starting tomorrow." - Head Coach Paul Johnson on athleticism and speed of A-backs