#GTCamp15

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I would guess one of the plays and the other redshirts. We have 3 incoming B Backs... makes sense to spread them out at least a little. We also have Mills coming in next year. If he redshirts, that means we have 1 soph, 2 RS freshmen and Mills as a true freshman next fall, plus Allen back as a senior.

By the way, Skov looks like a BEAST in pictures, that dude is cut. Can't wait to see him play.
Skov was the one Bback not mentioned in Johnson's praise of the contenders Monday. Time for the black helicopter crowd to come out and figure out what he really means.

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Skov was the one Bback not mentioned in Johnson's praise of the contenders Monday. Time for the black helicopter crowd to come out and figure out what he really means.
He did mention him in the audio interview. It was almost an afterthought, but he did mention him.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
He did mention him in the audio interview. It was almost an afterthought, but he did mention him.
Okay. I didn't hear that. Probably said something like "among others ..." However that pans out it will be good, and with Skov we will see a Bback completely different than we've had in seven seasons. Wonder if Thomas is buying him burgers every day.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Oh no! CPJ mentioned Brad Stewart with the likes of Christian Philpott!! We are all doomed!!!
Stewart's MO fits our offense quite well. There's more than one way to create separation from a defender. One way is speed, another is precise route running, and another is sheer physicality. Brad is the third. He uses his body to gain position and leverage and his ability to time the jump and get higher than the defender are two huge strengths.

Having good hands, football IQ and being able to develop a connection with the qb are also vital. The first two are strengths, the third is yet to be determined.

Declinometer

Banned
Stewart's MO fits our offense quite well. There's more than one way to create separation from a defender. One way is speed, another is precise route running, and another is sheer physicality. Brad is the third. He uses his body to gain position and leverage and his ability to time the jump and get higher than the defender are two huge strengths.

Having good hands, football IQ and being able to develop a connection with the qb are also vital. The first two are strengths, the third is yet to be determined.

You better just tone it down fella.:)

Stewart knows how to use his physical tools to his advantage. He knows how to set a defender up to get burned, a nifty ness if you will.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I don't put too much into what Johnson says during camp. He doesn't lie but a lot of quotes seem subliminal & intended to motivate.

I know he's loving his freshman. They probably have more talent then the upperclassmen but they have to flat out beat them to get burned.

MA & Skov have mature physical bodies that can take the pounding better. Jeune/Messick/Summers are chomping as well. Jeune maybe the most physical WR on the team & Summers is a burner.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
In the Isaiah Willis interview, inside the football offices, right toward the end you'll see young Curry come walking through. Then, right behind him you'll see a very cut Patrick Skov followed by Brad Stewart.
Yeah that's Butker behind Skov.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Anyone want to comment on form? In both the bench press and in the pull ups my coaches back in the day would have criticized me for not being fully extended between reps. Makes no difference to me now since I probably could not do a single pull up and could probably only bench press around 50 pounds today if I tried. Not braggin' just sayin'.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Anyone want to comment on form? In both the bench press and in the pull ups my coaches back in the day would have criticized me for not being fully extended between reps. Makes no difference to me now since I probably could not do a single pull up and could probably only bench press around 50 pounds today if I tried. Not braggin' just sayin'.
They look like warmup sets to me. 225 for those guys is probably warmup weight, and in warmups you're not super concentrated on form/locking out/etc.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

I am here....i will tell you what it means but I already did. He is trying to light a fire under his arse in some fashion :)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Um, after watching player interviews on ESPN/SEC Network/SI...it is really odd hearing our guys address the media. I mean, who knew athletes could be so well spoken with thoughtful insights?!

On another note, you can tell JeT is starting to get comfortable with the media. His demeanor and the way he talks is a complete 180 from when he first got here. You could tell when he was a redshirt freshmen that he didn't like the attention and wasn't comfortable speaking with the media. Now he kinda reminds me of Nesbitt in the sense that he answers the media in a straight forward manner, and he's not verbose. All business. Definitely more confident addressing the press.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Um, after watching player interviews on ESPN/SEC Network/SI...it is really odd hearing our guys address the media. I mean, who knew athletes could be so well spoken with thoughtful insights?!

On another note, you can tell JeT is starting to get comfortable with the media. His demeanor and the way he talks is a complete 180 from when he first got here. You could tell when he was a redshirt freshmen that he didn't like the attention and wasn't comfortable speaking with the media. Now he kinda reminds me of Nesbitt in the sense that he answers the media in a straight forward manner, and he's not verbose. All business. Definitely more confident addressing the press.
Definitely! Michael Summers, Errin Joe, everyone speaks so well. They seem like they're enjoying themselves out there.