#GTCamp15

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow

At fan day, I had an opportunity to tell Jabari congrats on making it back. It was towards the end of the day and I'm sure he had heard reference to making it back multiple times. With that said, as soon as I mentioned it, he perked up, smiled, shook my hand and said thanks so much, then he said "it's not over yet, still a lot to accomplish". He looked equal parts thankful, excited, enthusiastic, and determined...let's just say I left that one interaction thinking Jabari might be able to exceed the lofty expectations Tech fans have for him. But no matter what happens, I think Jabari has already had a winning season.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
i think paul has the ultimate leader in #5.

he is searching for some position group guys right now. A bit surprising Gotsis...we aren't hearing him be that guy there....or on the OL no one seems to grabbing that either....

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
When I was at GSU, my roommates who played for CPJ (walk-ons) used to say that every practice was horrible, he was never satisfied with anybody's effort, and was just as salty when asked about positives from practice. Then those teams went out and rolled people 63-0.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
CPJ is trying to manage expectations which have gotten too high (IMHO). He is just too relaxed in that clip and I can see him restraining a smile. He is having so much fun and trying not to show it.
Yep, he is the master of managing expectations. But, he almost always seems relaxed to me. I suspect he has gotten a little edgy in the past when reporters were trying to put him on the "hot seat" with questions about the team was struggling. But overall, he is pretty cool. He seems to take two approaches. (1) I am going to give them enough practice and guidance that they will have plenty of time and every opportunity to get this down and get better at it. (2) It is ultimately up to the players; I can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink, so we will see who wants it bad enough.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I think Paul is riding this team hard to force a "team meeting", from which some leaders will emerge.

I also think (speculative theory!) Paul might have thought that he was being a little too laid back during fall camp last year, hence the slow start out of the gate...just my opinion

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Think y'all are reading too much into it. CPJ has had a cold the last couple of days. He's miserable and probably needs to go rest in bed, but has to coach a major college football team instead. I just think he's in a crap mood, and the cold is making him more surly than usual.

Think y'all are reading too much into it. CPJ has had a cold the last couple of days. He's miserable and probably needs to go rest in bed, but has to coach a major college football team instead. I just think he's in a crap mood, and the cold is making him more surly than usual.
I know this for a fact and that is CPJ knows that the target is on our backs this year for a change. He knows we have a tough schedule with a lot of unproven guys that need to step up. He knows that the Defense needs to contribute in every game this year if want to win 10+ games again. We have a long road ahead of us this season and the guys need to be pushed to the limit right now. I can only imagine the intensity at practice these first few weeks. We have potential to explode and bring GT back to the national spotlight. It's time for the power to shift from Athens to Atlanta for fhe next 5 years!

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I know this for a fact and that is CPJ knows that the target is on our backs this year for a change. He knows we have a tough schedule with a lot of unproven guys that need to step up. He knows that the Defense needs to contribute in every game this year if want to win 10+ games again. We have a long road ahead of us this season and the guys need to be pushed to the limit right now. I can only imagine the intensity at practice these first few weeks. We have potential to explode and bring GT back to the national spotlight. It's time for the power to shift from Athens to Atlanta for fhe next 5 years!
Perhaps you are right about CPJ's intentions. But, I can tell you this. Roof is talking about being ahead in terms of installing the defense this year. This tells me the reason he was so vanilla the first half of last year is because he couldn't install what he wanted to do and felt he had to operate that way. I don't believe Roof is half the idiot that some of the fan experts that post on here think he is. I expect the defense to 'carry the team' the first half of the season this year while the new, young and inexperienced skill players 'figure it out'. People will be pulling their hair out wondering why Paul is being so conservative on offense this year, just like they were about Roof on defense last year.