#GTCamp15

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Coach is pretty much saying similar things this year. My memory may not be accurate but....CPJ's tone sounds a bit grumpier this year. Maybe that's because he doesn't like the effort and results as much. Maybe it's because his standards and expectations for this year's team is higher. Maybe it's just my memory playing tricks on me.

Edit: maybe he's just tired of answering the same damn questions over n over n over :whistle:
Same impression. I think CPJ does different things to motivate different players, and even teams. On the one hand I think he would never try to be discouraging to a player or team that was struggling and having a hard time. I think he would try to soften his approach, be patient and even encouraging. But if he thinks you are just not getting after it and playing below your potential he has little sympathy for you and he is not going to be your friend. ;)

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Tuesday, August 11 -- Practice #11Georgia Tech returned to the practice fields in full pads Tuesday for the Yellow Jackets’ 11th practice of #GTCAMP15. Practice lasted 22 periods, running two hours as the Jackets worked on 3rd-and-short situations on both offense and defense. Georgia Tech’s defense returns eight starters from the 2014 team, including junior LB P.J. Davis (team-high 119 tackles, 8.5 TFL, 4.0 sacks), senior S Jamal Golden (61 tackles), sophomore DE KeShun Freeman (54 tackles, 9.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks), and senior DT Adam Gotsis (36 tackles, 6.5 TFL, 3.0 sacks).

Another boost to the Jackets’ defensive front line is senior DT Jabari Hunt-Days, who has added 30 pounds to bulk up to 291. He was not eligible to play in 2014. In 2013 as a redshirt sophomore, he recorded 45 tackles, 7.0 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks in 13 games. Wednesday’s practice is set for 3 p.m. at the Alexander Rose Bowl Field.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
WSB TV "Johnson was asked if there was anything he was encouraged by?"... after a 6 second pause and CPJ "thinking and fidgeting" he says "I don't know... quarterback is a pretty god player... most days..." I haven't seen anything..."

Flippin' hilarious. The news crew loved the comments and mentioned they like CPJ.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I love it. Paul ain't going to let his guard down anytime soon. He knows their potential, and he isn't going to stop pushing until they reach it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

That clip was the funniest thing I've seen from him in terms of mannerisms. CPJ is trying to manage expectations which have gotten too high (IMHO). He is just too relaxed in that clip and I can see him restraining a smile. He is having so much fun and trying not to show it.

We were not a very good team to start the year last year and became much better as the year went on. CPJ (I think) called it one of the best teams for learning and getting better through the season. We will have taken a partial step back with all the new skill players and not having played for a while. How will it turn out? Can't wait to find out.

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
Even if we suck this year (doubtful) then at least football will be back. Sometimes it's the only thing I look forward too during the fall semester. Already got my tickets and I've got the itch as bad as the players I bet.