#GTCamp15

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The Sept 19 game will tell us where we are for sure. We win and is no fluke then I see a playoff spot in the crystal ball. But I see the first two games being competitive enough to give good clue as how good we may or may not be.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
My impression from the CPJ comments is that we lost a little bit of accountability on the OL. I think Shaq was more of a leader for that group than a lot of people thought. We ran a lot of 3rd and Shaq last year. That is one reason we were so good on 3rd downs. The ole get behind Shaq play paid a lot of dividends.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
'The Catch'?
11237955.jpeg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The Sept 19 game will tell us where we are for sure. We win and is no fluke then I see a playoff spot in the crystal ball. But I see the first two games being competitive enough to give good clue as how good we may or may not be.

I think the first two weeks can prove the negative but not the positive. We win the first three and we are proving the positive. Then all we have to do is win all or all but one of our Coastal games ........ can't wait for the season to start and to enjoy one game at a time. :cool:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Jabari will help us this year. Of that I have no doubt. I'm gonna take a stab at reading between the lines here a little...no insider info here so take it for what it's worth. But I think the lack of....praise for JHD...is two pronged. I think it's in part a message being sent that starting isn't being gift wrapped to him just because he's eligible. There was also some mention somewhere here about JHD being out of position some in practice. If he just plays hog wild, and not assignment football, his pt will be limited.

End of wild speculation. :)

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I lost a bit of trust in our starting DL choices last year after we started stargel over gamble and rook. So I don't know how to interpret any of this now. Clearly freeman, gotsis and gamble are top 3-4 DL. Is rook/gamble really better than hunt/gamble or hunt/rook?

If so, then hunt just isn't there or is truly being asked to EARN it back. Or Rook has made a nice jump and is better than gamble at DE now.

Hey, i guess that all could be the case though. Its plausible. Just after last year I remain a tad skeptical....