GT vs UT prediction

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Defense usually controls the game early in the year, so I expect a lower scoring game than most of you (of course, now I will be wrong and both teams will score 40+!). None of us really have any idea what to expect but I think the game will probably turn on one or two plays...hopefully in our favor.

17-13 GT wins.

Go Jackets! Excited for the season to begin!

Defense usually controls the game early in the year, so I expect a lower scoring game than most of you (of course, now I will be wrong and both teams will score 40+!). None of us really have any idea what to expect but I think the game will probably turn on one or two plays...hopefully in our favor.

17-13 GT wins.

Go Jackets! Excited for the season to begin!
I hope you are right, but TBH, I don't think our defense can hold any team on our schedule to 13 points. Here's hoping. Tennessee scored 28 or more ten times last season. Yes, I know they lost a lot of their offense, but the replacements are not brand new to their system or coaching staff. I think we will need a lot of points in this one.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
GT wins 2 to 0 on a forfeit when Butch Jones loses a DT to a knee injury when he fell over another D-Lineman Parker Braun knocked on hi ***, then runs out onto the field and tells the Ref after getting hit for a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty: "I'm not having any more players hurt like Stoops did in that Taxpayer Bowl. We're out of here. BUT WE'RE WINNERS IN LIFE!"

Finished it for you.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Jacket fans, I have failed you. As the game grew nigh, I lost my nerve. I backed off the whole BOWK-thing.

... but then I happened upon an SEC board where they're commiserating with the Vowels about the injuries they'll end up with after Monday night. That steeled my nerve ...

The Volls won't be facing mere injury. No, they'll look around at the carnage Monday night and their stomachs will turn gazing on pile upon pile of severed lower legs. Tendons will be strewn upon the field like confetti.

President Trump will visit the TN sideline to show his support. He'll turn to Melania and say, "No dear, you stay here. It's ... it's just too much ..." He'll express his regret for failing to cancel the game in the first place. Their medical staff will receive Medals of Honor. GT will be declared an enemy of the state (of TN).

... and it will be glorious. GT 24, Tenneknee 17

#BattleOfWoundedKnees
#Tenneknee
#AmpuTenneknee

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Jacket fans, I have failed you. As the game grew nigh, I lost my nerve. I backed off the whole BOWK-thing.

... but then I happened upon an SEC board where they're commiserating with the Vowels about the injuries they'll end up with after Monday night. That steeled my nerve ...

The Volls won't be facing mere injury. No, they'll look around at the carnage Monday night and their stomachs will turn gazing on pile upon pile of severed lower legs. Tendons will be strewn upon the field like confetti.

President Trump will visit the TN sideline to show his support. He'll turn to Melania and say, "No dear, you stay here. It's ... it's just too much ..." He'll express his regret for failing to cancel the game in the first place. Their medical staff will receive Medals of Honor. GT will be declared an enemy of the state (of TN).

... and it will be glorious. GT 24, Tenneknee 17

#BattleOfWoundedKnees
#Tenneknee
#AmpuTenneknee
!!!!!!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
GT by 2 TDs (38-24)
CPJ plays three QBs (TM starts, MJ runs some goal line, and LJ gets some 4th quarter time).
I am going w new guy plus 3.

Gt 34 u t 17 as we score on late 4th death march using lots of subs. Add band wagon cars to the gt train.

Vfl2407

Georgia Tech Fan
A TN olineman will get his knee twisted. Lyle will pull his team off the field complaining about cutchop bloks.

CPJ will lol and mouth the words, "You were on offense, dumbarse."

The Vowels will forfeit, Lyle will not make the trip back to Knoxville. Will decide to coach at a level more commensurate with his temperament .... rural GA, AA girls soccer.

#BOWK
#Tenneknees
Using both Lyle and Vowels makes you sound more like a Vandy fan....lol.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I hope you are right, but TBH, I don't think our defense can hold any team on our schedule to 13 points. Here's hoping. Tennessee scored 28 or more ten times last season. Yes, I know they lost a lot of their offense, but the replacements are not brand new to their system or coaching staff. I think we will need a lot of points in this one.

Remind me again what the score was in our opener last year against BC?

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel like UT is going to struggle. They have not seen a spread option team in years. Certainly none of their current players. I think that totally plays into our favor even if we start a little slow.

UT is soft and their defensive players are apt to get tired eventually of the unfamilar blocks and watching the ball. Theyll make mistakes and we have the horses to capitalize.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My dentist played hoops for Vandy back when Rich Yunkus played for Tech. He hates Tennessee like we hate uga. When I was leaving his office he wished us good fortune Monday night. He added that he could cheer for the Chinese army if they were playing UT. He said pulling for Tech, a school he respects, is a no brainer!

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Captain Obvious time. :)

The homerism abounds on the boards for both teams' fans. And they, we, are kidding themselves, particularly if both play "pretty good" but not outstanding -- that's a toss-up. If one team has its "A" game and the other its "B-" (or worse) game, it'll be a fun night for the "A" squad -- which could be either team. Too many unknowns at this point for both teams, too much uncertainty re who will "step up" to replace those players absent due to injury or suspension.

Neither team will start a QB with much experience -- possibly none. That vaunted Tenn o-line not only took a hit this week with the suspension, but according to practice reports, they've not yet gotten into the continuity with a firm set of starting five operating together; that could help Tech's questionably effective front 7. The Vols' receiver corps, on paper, doesn't look like all that much, certainly no more than average by Power 5 standards, but they have an excellent TE who, undoubtedly, will hurt Tech's defense several times. If Tech's new kicker doesn't get kickoffs at least deep into the end zone, TN could really do some field-position damage.

Both secondaries look pretty damn good. The Vols' linebackers, missing Kirkland, are a huge weak link on paper, even homer Vol fans worry about it, and if the Vols start leaning on the secondary for run support, well -- we know what that opens up for Tech.

If Tech's o-line wins enough -- not all, just enough -- battles with the Vol d-line, if Tech's WRs do their typically solid job of blocking, Tech should have ample opportunity to eat clock, get some big gainers, and score enough to win. If Tech has mesh problems with whichever QB and whichever B-back, however -- uh oh. I'll expect a couple of fumbles, hopefully not giving a real short field to the Vol offense; anything more than two Tech fumbles, I believe the Vols win. Unless they too have a crappy night.

Opening game. Some newbies and back-ups having to step up for both teams. Anyone firmly believing a particular outcome is a highly probable thing is kidding himself. It could be a barn burner, a slug fest, or one team putting a major hurt on the other. And I've run out of platitudes. ;)

Jmonty71

Banned
Let's put some logic to this. UT has an awful rush D. I think near 100, last year. However; we cannot exactly beat our chests either. UT has a size advantage on the LOS. I think they take advantage of it. They will move the ball on us. As,we will move the ball on them. I foresee a fast game, with both team focused on running. Both have new QBs, at the helm. It will come down to execution. Can GT limit the miscues, bad reads, turnovers and miss blocks? That remains to be seen. I am not going with a shootout, since this will be run after run. UT 24 GT 21... Just because I think we will make that crucial turnover. Our D will not stop UT. They may run for more yards, than us. But, we'll see...

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
GT 34 - toothless nation 17......500 yards rushing for GT......Botch Jones has to find his own way home

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Using both Lyle and Vowels makes you sound more like a Vandy fan....lol.

What .... did you just call me?

My dentist played hoops for Vandy back when Rich Yunkus played for Tech. He hates Tennessee like we hate uga. When I was leaving his office he wished us good fortune Monday night. He added that he could cheer for the Chinese army if they were playing UT. He said pulling for Tech, a school he respects, is a no brainer!

You should've shot back, "Nah bruh. Rooting for Tenneknee is the no-brainer, amirite?!"

Would've been a ...

jonah.gif

... moment. You're welcome.

#BOWK
#Tenneknees
#AmpuTenneknee

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
UT was a 4th quarter team last year and a 1st-3rd quarter team 2 years ago. I think if we can have a TD lead at the half and then shorten the 2nd half with long offensive drives we'll be good to go. They can score quickly, but can also have really quick 3 and outs

31-14 GT

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sub-prediction time.

How Many Snaps for the Volls Starting 4 d-linemen?

I'm guessing ... 8. :sneaky:

#BOWK
#Tenneknees
#AmpuTenneknee

In reading the comments on Volnation I would concur that they really have no idea what Georgia Tech Football is all about. It is obvious they don't watch our games and think we are something like our 2002 squad. Predicting a first game is always a challenge and I think the prognosticators are unsure what Tech is this year. Probably burned from 2015. Seeing CPJs calm demeanor I am optimistic.