GT vs UT prediction

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Let's put some logic to this. UT has an awful rush D. I think near 100, last year. However; we cannot exactly beat our chests either. UT has a size advantage on the LOS. I think they take advantage of it. They will move the ball on us. As,we will move the ball on them. I foresee a fast game, with both team focused on running. Both have new QBs, at the helm. It will come down to execution. Can GT limit the miscues, bad reads, turnovers and miss blocks? That remains to be seen. I am not going with a shootout, since this will be run after run. UT 24 GT 21... Just because I think we will make that crucial turnover. Our D will not stop UT. They may run for more yards, than us. But, we'll see...
I vote for you to be banned from GTSwarm

Jmonty71

Banned
Why? Because I have a different opinion? I am just being honest. Again... If we can hold on to the ball and not turn it over. I think we'll win. But, expecting perfection from a first year starter is asking a bit much. I expect some mistakes. How we mitigate those mistakes will define the game and the season. We cannot expect the D to be that much. I can hope. I can cheer. I can support. However; if it comes to predictions... I have to be honest. Doesn't mean I don't love the Jackets any less. I just set levels of expectations that are realistic. UT game is a coin flip.. If they make the mistake, we win. If they don't and we do, they win.

Why? Because I have a different opinion? I am just being honest. Again... If we can hold on to the ball and not turn it over. I think we'll win. But, expecting perfection from a first year starter is asking a bit much. I expect some mistakes. How we mitigate those mistakes will define the game and the season. We cannot expect the D to be that much. I can hope. I can cheer. I can support. However; if it comes to predictions... I have to be honest. Doesn't mean I don't love the Jackets any less. I just set levels of expectations that are realistic. UT game is a coin flip.. If they make the mistake, we win. If they don't and we do, they win.
This is a 38-24 game. The winner is the team with 38.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

I hope you are kidding.
I see the HUGE predictions on the board for a big GT win and I wonder how many would put money on their guesses.At least this guy is honest.
There are several reasons to favor Tenn with the STs seemingly being the biggest advantage for them. 3 pts may be right

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope you are kidding.
I see the HUGE predictions on the board for a big GT win and I wonder how many would put money on their guesses.At least this guy is honest.
There are several reasons to favor Tenn with the STs seemingly being the biggest advantage for them. 3 pts may be right
I predicted tech win i think i said 28-24 and yes i am putting money on it

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I'm going big...42-30 GT. I don't think they'll expect the big play threat from the BB spot and will undervalue the ABs in the passing game. Once we get rolling, they won't be able to adjust fast enough for what's coming at them. I feel they'll play us about as well as other teams that don't ever see our offense...in a word, poorly.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I hope you are kidding.
He is... (I think)

28toothVol

Georgia Tech Fan
Come on guys..you are smarter than this..hate to bust your bubble but UT is wounded (emotionally),UT is young, UT is vulnerable, but our cocky fans will be echoing Rocky Top all through the Bluffs.
UT 31. Got 20

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I hope you are kidding.
Yea, I was just messing with him.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I was honestly just goofing off with you. Sarcasm is hard through the internet lol. I was telling a friend neither team really knows what to expect (the fans that is) I could see either team win by double digits or a close game.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
GT 42
UT 24

CPJ won't kick FG, and I can't see UT below 20.

Knee injuries: 0
UT fans complaining about cut blocks: 20k
Chop block calls: 0 for GT, 1 for UT.
Benson has a big game.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
GT 38
UT 28

We lose one turnover but we create two.

I am not sure we can afford to lose even one. I am taking Tennessee by about a touchdown but it is shaky like real shaky. Tennessee is a team with a lot of talent but a lot of questions. I am just thankful we are not playing them the first game of LAST season when they had Dobbs, Kramer and that other running back. Can we move the ball? Can we stop them? If we stop them twice in each half with three and outs I think we can win. I just do not have confidence in Coach Roof's defense. I will say this: a lower scoring game probably favors Tech. A shootout with turnovers, wild big plays etc. will favor them. IMHO It will be very interesting match up between two teams with a lot to prove but the pressure is on the Vols. Butch better win this one or their season is apt to spiral out of control for us the stakes are not nearly as high.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
My prediction? If we don't come out well, I will be turning the channel hoping for better luck.

I might go back and forth between TV and radio coverage, until somehow that makes a difference.

I will be mad when we give up a 3rd and forever.

If the 1st string QB starts out bad, I will be saying "why not Lucas?"

I will probably say, "Quit trying FG's and go for it.", since we don't have Butker.

If we are doing well, I will not change positions, even if my bladder wants me to move.

I could go on, but I will never pick us, as that is the kiss of death.

RamblinAbe

Georgia Tech Fan
CPJ always has the troops ready to play. It will come down to our OL playing their assignments. I understand UT is "bigger" up front, but that's the SEC in general and we have done just fine in the past against "bigger" DL. Deep down in my heart I think M. Jordan will be our starting QB, and I believe our defensive will play an excellent game (we aren't use to saying that!)

Final: GT 27 UT 17

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN ACC Week 1 picks - ACC writers
No. 25 Tennessee vs. Georgia Tech, Monday, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN

David Hale: Tennessee 33, Georgia Tech 27

At Tennessee, folks are lamenting the departure of Josh Dobbs. At Georgia Tech, it’s largely assumed Paul Johnson has another QB ready to go. I’m not sure I buy these theories. The Vols may be missing some big names, but there’s still talent on the roster. And you only need to look back a couple of years to see that the Yellow Jackets’ triple option isn’t quite as “plug and play” as is often advertised. The loss of Dedrick Mills so close to the start of the season is just one of the reasons Georgia Tech might be a bit shaky early, and in the end the Vols probably need this one more.

Andrea Adelson: Tennessee 28, Georgia Tech 24

I was all set to pick Georgia Tech to win, until Dedrick Mills was dismissed from the team. The bottom line is there are too many unknowns about quarterback and B-back for a Georgia Tech offense heavily reliant on those positions to win. Coach Paul Johnson knows he has a young offense coming back, and while I think this team still will have a solid season, I’m not sure everything will come together right away.

ESPN SEC Week 1 picks
Khan: I thought you were the one who once told me to never trust Butch Jones, Alex? I think Tennessee certainly has the talent edge here, but I don't know yet about Tennessee. Give me the Yellow Jackets.

Scarborough: I'll never learn, Sam. I just think a Tennessee team without the burden of expectations might surprise some people. Not win-the-East surprise, but better than expected.

CBS Sports SEC Week 1 odds, picks
No. 25 Tennessee (-3) vs. Georgia Tech
With a new quarterback taking the snaps for the Volunteers -- likely Quinten Dormady -- coach Butch Jones' crew will keep it simple, run often with John Kelly and hope that its defense benefits from extra time to prepare for Georgia Tech's triple option. That time will help, but the loss of linebacker Darrin Kirkland and absence of recently-departed defensive end Derek Barnett will allow the Yellow Jackets to hit a few big plays. Not enough, though. Dormady leads a late drive and a field goal wins it at the gun. Pick: Tennessee (-3)

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
@Towaliga:

Thanks for the assist. Just like icing on the cake, whipped cream on a Sundae, and Krispy Kremes at the Thriller Dome. GT fans are the best in the NCAA!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Really similar teams last year. Decent Os. Questionable hot/cold Ds.

I wouldn't touch this one without at least 7 points on either side. It looks like a pick em to me.

I really have no idea how UT is coming out of their off-season, but I feel good about us. Still, for the first year in forever, I can't let my heart talk my head into trusting our D will be better this close to the first game. I'm thinking that they still score like 2.6 ppd against us (we need to get this to at most 2.0/2.1 on average). I think we'll click on O and score like 2.8.

I also think that they're going to run the ball a lot, so give me an 11 drive (each) game.

GT 31
UT 29

... okay, make it 32 - 28