GT vs Pitt Postgame

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If playing in the NFL is your "goal" Tech will never be the right choice. It is that simple.

So you're saying a kid that wants to be the best engineer possible AND also play in the NFL should never come to GT? I say any recruit that comes to GT and doesn't want to play football on the next level is a kid I don't want GT signing. I thought GT attracted kids that aspired to be the best at EVERYTHING they do which includes being the best student and athlete possible. I don't want to sign football players who only want to come to GT to be the best civil engineer. On the flip side, I don't want the kid who only wants to come to GT to be an NFL player. It's crazy, but GT can get kids who want to be both.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Question for you all.
If you had a coach that won 10 games, then went

4-6, 5-5, 6-5,5-5 would you have fired him.......if so then you just Fired Bobby Dodd after his 1960 season. Think about that a minute.

But had a record 8 IAR vs ugag, had a NC, played against ugag, auburn, clemson, bama, ut, LSU among others, won most of the bowl games (harder earned then). Did not play stupid, did not make horrible kicking game mistakes.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think you were late to the party or missed this but this certainly appears that @Gold1 thinks athletes should get an academic pass. It appears I’m not in la-la land, huh?

e597417bfc22d49a1bda5484ed19004a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I did not understand that was what you were responding to. I cannot agree with @Gold1.......sounds like perhaps you and I may actually be in violent agreement....

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I did not understand that was what you were responding to. I cannot agree with @Gold1.......sounds like perhaps you and I may actually be in violent agreement....

Lol. Maybe so. I think we are all just cranky as hell and want to see the guys be successful on the field, for them and for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Do you understand that any change in degree programs has to be approved by the GA BOR? It is the BOR that set the degree requirements and not the school. Same with degree program additions. Unless and until the BOR has a less than pervasive uGA presence that a non starter. Simply it is NOT up to Tech.

No new degrees / programs can be initiated UNLESS THE INDIVIDUAL UNIVERSITY FIRST ASK the BoR for changes to the curriculum.

This is what my areas rep on the BoR told me to my face.

It is UP TO GT to ASK for more degrees / programs. NOT the other way around. And we have not.

The elitist alumni assn (who must have Roll Call donations severely hurt), & the HillNerds are the ones hurting us in this area.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The calculus thing and just in general the education thing. We've got to stop that elitist education thing to actually be a great program. My hope is Tstan can convince some administrators to relax some and let us build a legitimate PROGRAM.

I wonder what percentage of SA’s actually take calculus?

Animal02

Banned
No new degrees / programs can be initiated UNLESS THE INDIVIDUAL UNIVERSITY FIRST ASK the BoR for changes to the curriculum.

This is what my areas rep on the BoR told me to my face.

It is UP TO GT to ASK for more degrees / programs. NOT the other way around. And we have not.

The elitist alumni assn (who must have Roll Call donations severely hurt), & the HillNerds are the ones hurting us in this area.
Simple fact. Tech is not going to place sports ahead of academics.....nor should they.

Animal02

Banned
If CPJ asked a kid "Do you want to play in the NFL" and didn't sign any kid that answered "Yes"...GT wouldn't have anyone playing for us except kids playing video game football.
A business partner of my played for Woody Hayes at OSU.....first day of practice, he asked everyone if they were there to play in the NFL....and if they were they should leave immediately....that the only reason they were there was because they love to play football.

Jmonty71

Banned
I thought it was a really bad called game. If something didn't work, CPJ , just kept doing it. I think TM is injured and that hurts the team. We have no passing threat and defenses are crowding the box, knowing that. CPJ needs to get some short, high percentage, throws put into the game plan. Just something to boost TM's confidence , if anything else.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I, for one, appreciate the show of commitment and determination you have given in both word and deed. You are a better man than I. Being a Tech fan is tiring at times especially after nearly a half a century. One of the things that is really irksome is that the problems are the same now as they were in the mid 1960s, the 1970s, the 1980s, much of the 1990s, and throughout the modern era namely recruiting and an unwillingness to change with the times and recognize that football players do not want to be part of a culture that demands we be like Harvard 6 days a week and Notre Dame on Saturday. Excellence in a football program starts at the top and filters it way to the players. More and better facilities, recruiting resources, academic support, and the like will help recruiting but it will not increase the pool of talent from which we can get good to great football players.

There is no pool of talent. There are 8500 or so kids available to recruit. The 4/5’s go to to the Top 20 schools. 100 schools compete for the rest. It’s all about development. Which we don’t do.

Animal02

Banned
I thought it was a really bad called game. If something didn't work, CPJ , just kept doing it. I think TM is injured and that hurts the team. We have no passing threat and defenses
427 people are talking about this

that. CPJ needs to get some short, high percentage, throws put into the game plan. Just something to boost TM's confidence , if anything else.
Yes he is likely injured, but also like CPJ believes that a 75% TM is better than a 100% anyone else. It is what it is