GT vs Louisville Tuesday 3/1 8PM EST

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Tech had a slight chance if that last 3 by Smith had went in. Proud of the team sticking with it in a tough enviornment. IMO, too many offensive rebounds by L'ville in the 2nd half. Got to win Saturday for any chance in the NIT. Play hard Tech!!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Tech had a slight chance if that last 3 by Smith had went in. Proud of the team sticking with it in a tough enviornment. IMO, too many offensive rebounds by L'ville in the 2nd half. Got to win Saturday for any chance in the NIT. Play hard Tech!!

Hell, too many offensive rebounds period. Towards the end of the first Ville had a posession where they must have had 3 OR's

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Freedom of movement rules and moving screens weren't called all night...seemed like our guys would get undercut when driving to the basket in a borderline unsafe way as well. l'ville got away with a lot.

That foul on the end was definitely a flagrant 1. Really bad.

I hope we more than two more games left.

/
I think the freedom of movement garbage has been called inconsistently ever since we got into ACC play. MGH gets a hand check every time he touches the ball. I don't agree with the rules, as basketball is definitely a contact sport, but if the rule is there enforce it consistently. I honestly blame some (not all) of our defensive problems on the new rules. The guys don't know until the 2nd half what is or isn't a foul. I know other teams deal with this too unless they are Duke or UNC, but as an engineer I hate the subjectivity

LibertyTurns

Banned
Agree with all the above.

My complaint has to do with the last 45 secs or so (I lost feed so not sure exactly & chat was panicking because some were announcing the plays before others feed caught up so updates were infrequent). We knew we had to foul because we only had 3 fouls or so. Why the hell were Mitchell and MGH in there picking up fouls? What if we had gone to OT?

Poor game management. If we'd had gone to OT, maybe Mitchell having gone from 2 to 4 fouls in a matter of seconds fouls out in OT in the first 30 secs. Would have been a real kick in the nuts. For all his troubles, he played well last night and would have been key to winning in OT. Is this really that hard to figure out? I just drink a lot of beer and curse while watching basketball mainly. I'm not professionally trained nor ever played or coached at a high level. I never coached anyone over the age of 12 & that was back in the days where a 12 year old was a kid not being groomed for the NBA. Even I can figure this one out. Geez.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Glad we kept fighting. Funny the late run started after I had a tantrum and left chat. I didn't have the heart to jump back in once we closed the lead :oops:.

Although there are no moral victories, I was glad to see that we didn't look totally over-matched by a top-ranked team. Too bad this team isn't the one we'll start next season with (not even close) otherwise the last 5 games or so would be really encouraging.
This is the problem...if we had this team coming back next year, I would feel good about our basketball program. I have a feeling next year is going to be really ugly.