GT vs Louisville Tuesday 3/1 8PM EST

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Huge game. If we win, then our NCAA chances are very much still alive. Lose and they're pretty much gone. I cant believe I'm saying that after seeing how January went...

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
bke is right on the money. Win this one, and we will be in the discussion again, but man this seems like an uphill battle. I can't really see Ville coming out flat on Senior night, especially coming off of a loss.

Nevertheless, these young men fought on when most among us gave up on them. Hopefully we can find just enough MGH finishes in traffic or Adam Smith step-back trey's to win it.

All kidding aside, I think that our guys will come out and play with some confidence. Withstand the early onslaught from UL and we can pull the shocker.

Defense and Rebounding wins you games on the road!!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I think if we can be down only 5-6 points in the 2nd half, the momentum the guys have right now I think we can pull it off. If we don't allow any big runs for Lville and turn it into a slug-fest, then I think we have a good chance to win. The crowd wont be out of control if we can keep the game close.

They will be all over MGH and Smith and try to make someone else beat them. I think someone like Jacobs/Mitchell/Lammers is going to need a career game with points to pull it out. I would love to see Lammers score like 20, he deserves a big game with how well he has been playing.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is a very good point.. The defense will be game-planning to stop Marcus and Adam. In order to have any chance at winning this game, we need our bigs to continue to play well, but more importantly, we will need some offensive production from Q and Tadric. That third perimeter scoring option must be there. Hopefully we get the version of Q that is locked-in and knocking down trey's tomorrow night.

Would be nice for Q and Tadric to have big nights!!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
MGH and Adam only played 28 and 29 min last game vs LOLvl. The game was tied with about 1min left when MGH fouled out.

We'll see.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What does Ken Pom or any of the other stat sites say about our chances tomorrow night?

Haven't seen Vegas yet, but I'm guessing UL - 6 or - 7

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
This may just be wishful fantasy on my part, but I'm hoping at core L'ville loses something waaaayyyy deep inside and can't stop us when push really comes to shove at the end.

Yes, it's Senior Night for them and yes, they're coming off a loss. Yes, they will feel like they have something to prove and yes, this is it for them, no reason to hold anything back.

But subconsciously ... why?

They're out of the postseason. At the end of the game, when everyone's tired, if there's nothing in front of you to go forward for, it can be just that little tiny bit more difficult to reach deep inside -- without even realizing it -- to get that last tiny little bit to get you over the top. Your subconscious says ... why?

Do you kill yourself at 3:30 p.m. on a Friday if it's your last day on a job and you're starting a new one on Monday? If you're responsible and have self-respect, you push yourself to do things right and leave everything in the best order possible. But you don't kill yourself. It's over.

I can hope, anyway.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
What does Ken Pom or any of the other stat sites say about our chances tomorrow night?

Haven't seen Vegas yet, but I'm guessing UL - 6 or - 7
I'm going to guess closer to UL by 10.

Vegas odds should be available by this afternoon.

I think we're about to run into a buzz saw and we have yet to win in an environment like this.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Louisville's 7-0 Mahmoud, who killed us last time is out for the rest of the season with a sprained ankle. Let's see what our big men can do with him out.

Incidentally, the 15 that Mahmoud scored against us was a season high and he never again came anywhere near that.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Louisville's 7-0 Mahmoud, who killed us last time is out for the rest of the season with a sprained ankle. Let's see what our big men can do with him out.

Incidentally, the 15 that Mahmoud scored against us was a season high and he never again came anywhere near that.

FWIW, I think they destroyed Syr and beat both Duke and Pitt after that injury. If we can get them into foul trouble, we may have a shot. We hit 19 FT vs them last time.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
For what it's worth, I think this Pitino quote from the last GT/Louisville postgame was a legit compliment. I don't think it was the obligatory "scratch the other coach's back" opening statement that you often hear. Credit goes to CBG.

"Georgia Tech, of all the teams we play against, their coaching staff takes away and knows what we run offensively and defensively better than any team in the conference. We always knows it's going to be a dogfight because they know what we run so well. They hurt our press by doing certain things that other teams don't do, so give them a lot of credit." - Pitino

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't really follow bball much anymore so take it for what it's worth. I've always thought CBG was a good coach hamstrung by an early talent deficit. A struggle to improve that talent more than he has seemed to be his biggest weakness and was a bit of a surprise. He may deserve more time. I dunno. The further we get away from the Cremins era the more I appreciate what he did, and I was always a huge fan. That was a very special time and I have many memories from the era I will always cherish.
Hope the team can make some magic happen. MGH deserves some no doubt.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
For what it's worth, I think this Pitino quote from the last GT/Louisville postgame was a legit compliment. I don't think it was the obligatory "scratch the other coach's back" opening statement that you often hear. Credit goes to CBG.

"Georgia Tech, of all the teams we play against, their coaching staff takes away and knows what we run offensively and defensively better than any team in the conference. We always knows it's going to be a dogfight because they know what we run so well. They hurt our press by doing certain things that other teams don't do, so give them a lot of credit." - Pitino

FWIW, I think it was Pitino trying to keep a bad coach in the Atl

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
All I know is we're dangerous, and no team wants to play us right now. Louisville is a great team, with a great coach but we've proved that we can hang with them. Should be a great game.