GT vs Louisville Tuesday 3/1 8PM EST

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not the night for Smith to not be able to throw it in the ocean. Surprised Louisville let them hang around that long with MGH having an off night too.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
MGH went 3 of 14 FG, 1 of 5 3pt and Adam Smith went 5 of 16 FG and 2 of 10 3pt, and we lost by 3. I'm not a big CBG fan, but that's a tough loss.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Ugh, MGH has to get the last shot, not Smith. Well no moral victories here but the only team who has beat them at home is UVA and they are alright. We're playing as well as anyone right now. We need the next 3 wins bad

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
MGH went 3 of 14 FG, 1 of 5 3pt and Adam Smith went 5 of 16 FG and 2 of 10 3pt, and we lost by 3. I'm not a big CBG fan, but that's a tough loss.
Fortunately we got an unexpected contribution ;)

Seriously though, solid game from Chuck-wagon. Started strong, ended strong, truly not sure what happened in the middle but it's about overall production and he did it tonight.

MGH and Smith had (mostly) tough looks imo. Same reason the team had 17 turnovers. Louisville makes it tough and did a better job in the 2nd half tonight dictating flow and tempo.

Louisville shoots 36% from 3 for the season... we're fortunate they were clanging wide open looks in the first half - 4 of 25 for the game - or the end of game run couldn't have happened.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Another game we could have won. Split these kind of games for the season and we're easily a 20+ win team for the year.

On another note, is there a sleazier coaching duo in college sports than Pitino/Petrino? Congrats on that, L'ville!

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
Both teams were not shining. If we made the kind of bone headed plays down the stretch that Louisville made....we would be screaming for Pitino to be canned.;).

Hard nosed game and very proud of how the team fought back from double digits to a shot to tie.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
You gotta be ****ing ****ting me...

That one shining moment Patino cheats on his wife and pays for an abortion. That one shining moment Katrina Powell shows up on visit day. I hope they fire RP's ***. He's a piece of $hit and there fan base in regards to basketball is right there with the Ugag's and Da U's of college sports. I almost got into a fight in Nashville in 2005 with one of them at a bar after the game for running his mouth. And that annoying *** C A R D S chant. God....

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
That was a tough loss. I watched the whole thing without having a single drink, which made it even tougher.

I think if we had put in even a shred of rebounding effort in the first half we would have won. I've never seen so many offensive rebounds with one opposing player in the middle of three of our guys before.

One thing I've never understood though is how teams that press a lot like Lousiville and Duke get out of games with 12 team fouls. Granted, the refs were letting us play too, but I hate watching that kind of basketball. Our guards were getting pushed around all game with no whistles. When we play those sorts of teams we need to be just as aggressive to regain some possessions, but we never do. It makes me mad every time I see it.

Oh well, now we just have to win the ACC tournament. We probably would have come up short if we'd won out the regular season, but now I like our chances ;)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That was one ugly game. Both teams shot poorly (GT 36.7% FG, 20% 3FG, L'Ville 36.2% FG, 11.8% 3FG).
Let's see if we can win one more and get an NIT bid.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Freedom of movement rules and moving screens weren't called all night...seemed like our guys would get undercut when driving to the basket in a borderline unsafe way as well. l'ville got away with a lot.

That foul on the end was definitely a flagrant 1. Really bad.

I hope we more than two more games left.

/

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Glad we kept fighting. Funny the late run started after I had a tantrum and left chat. I didn't have the heart to jump back in once we closed the lead :oops:.

Although there are no moral victories, I was glad to see that we didn't look totally over-matched by a top-ranked team. Too bad this team isn't the one we'll start next season with (not even close) otherwise the last 5 games or so would be really encouraging.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Just going to say that whiners on twitter be damned. Our uniforms looked better than theirs even with our big R.

CcjLHncUUAAAe9X.jpg

The sweat gradient look with the cumbersome cummerbund doesn't do it for me.