GT vs FSU Uniform Reveal

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
imagine being this angry on the most exciting sports day fo the year. Mind boggling.

I can't speak for SS, but I am not angry in anyway. I am disappointed that we have gotten away from our traditional school colors (which I believe were very unique for a LONG time - not Vegas gold, but old gold and white), but it is true we have now been away from our tradition a lot in the past 20-30 years, and I guess we have to "learn to love it" like Aunt Bea's pickles, but it does go down tasting bad sometimes. :) I really think the side that loves blue and gray and getting away from tradition seems more angry at times than SS or gold1 or others.

This board gives everyone an opportunity to "vent" on things that bother them, and I am very appreciative of the board. I am also respectful of other people's opinions, but like so many of us, no minds will be changed. :)

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Don't care for the blue pants, but blue is part of our color scheme. It has been from the beginning. You don't get to choose, they do. They like using the blue more. I love the blue jerseys. All that is accomplished by you coming on here and bitching about the colors is an opportunity for you to rant. I hope it's cathartic for you. All your rants on this message board will not change anything.
How do you know what every player wants to wear? There is nothing great or unique about wearing navy blue. Looking like FIU doesn’t help recruiting

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
So history only goes back to 2004? From the late 30s until the mid-80s, Tech wore ALMOST exclusively white jerseys with gold pants. And the trim was black.
You mean when we were nationally prominent? Which teams in the sec/ACC in the 60s/70s/80s/90s/2000s would most anybody not recognize without helmet decals? Tradition is a meaningful word. I get trying to appeal to teenage recruits, but most consistent powerhouses' recruiting doesn't seem to suffer much from not having a uniform carousel. Anyone ever hear "Up With The White & Gold & Blue"? Otoh, I will pull for the YJs in pink polka dots if need be, unless they turn all factory.

This navy blue jersey was from the 60's

Remember, I was in school in the 60s, and I can assure you, we never wore any form of blue in Atlanta. I don't know about away games, but I don't remember hearing of any away games where we wore anything blue. And I also never saw any blue gear at either the Tech bookstore or the (now defunct) Engineer's Book Store. ALL I ever saw at those two stores was gold/yellow.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
Haven’t been on here in a while and I come back to a 7 page uniform debate. Some things never change. I can only see a few comments which means my block list still works. We need another forum set up for tradition and color debates so it doesn’t invade every single thread.

Jerseys look great. Look forward to seeing all the combinations this year. Love that each week is hyped by the team. They love it so I love it.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone remember the old "modern" Atlanta Braves uniform? Small "a" on the helmet? The Braves tried to be "cool" and distinguish themselves from others. When they finally switched to a traditional look, I remember Rick Camp saying, "these uniforms are awesome. It's what the Yankees would wear. I feel like a champion wearing these uniforms."

I know there's a lot of opinions out there on uniforms. I think the current track we are on is ... hideous. GT is a conservative, traditional school with traditional colors and nameplates. That's White and Old Gold. But ... Collins is making the call. It is what it is. Another gimmick like the small "a" ...

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Pants had nothing to do with the win but who cares right now. WHAT A WIN!!! FSU fans stfu!
So lemme get this straight just for future reference. Are you saying that uniforms, in no way, impact the performance of the team on the field?

Because I’ve seen numerous folks on this board say otherwise. Just wanna check and see.

So lemme get this straight just for future reference. Are you saying that uniforms, in no way, impact the performance of the team on the field?

Because I’ve seen numerous folks on this board say otherwise. Just wanna check and see.
I don't recall anybody ever saying anything like that, and I definitely have not. I do not like the uniforms, but I still pull for the Jackets all the way.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Uh oh. Another one of those football factories with all their stroried traditions bringing new uniforms into the mix. I guess they’ll start to fall from grace. That leaves nobody in the SEC East who strictly wears 2 uni sets, and only Alabama and Auburn as SEC teams to do so. 12 out of 14 “traditional, powerhouse, championship winning, storied, proud” SEC programs wear alternates.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Uh oh. Another one of those football factories with all their stroried traditions bringing new uniforms into the mix. I guess they’ll start to fall from grace. That leaves nobody in the SEC East who strictly wears 2 uni sets, and only Alabama and Auburn as SEC teams to do so. 12 out of 14 “traditional, powerhouse, championship winning, storied, proud” SEC programs wear alternates.

thanks, you burned my eyes

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

The white ones are traditional uniforms. They are from the 80’s