GT vs. Coppin State

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Well we won, Coppin state started missing everything and Lammers started playing like the Lammers of last year. We need a come to Jesus meeting or this is going to be a very long year.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Played the first half with 7 scholarship players, and the second with 6 scholarship players. 2 of the 6 are freshmen. Those 2 weren't expected to contribute much this year. 1 is a transfer.

Lammers looked healthier, but he and Okogie are not 100%, Not sure of the Achilles situation with Jackson.

Cremins used to talk about the importance of chemistry. You don't build team chemistry when you are playing with different players available for every game.

I don't know what people expect from this team. The only legitimate complaint is possibly a lack of effort. But when you are playing hurt, or you are a freshman who is not sure what you should be doing, it can look like a lack of effort.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
FWIW IMHO Lammers still has a long way to be the Lammers of last year. He can block shots against Coppin but the way he moves and the offensive moves he makes are a long way from last year. Long way to go yet even on this level. [FLOAT_LEFT][FLOAT_LEFT][/FLOAT_LEFT][/FLOAT_LEFT]

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Ya'll saw who subbed in, in the 2nd half when our run started....best 2 point performance in Georgia Tech history. What a put back lol.

Lammers carried us and was effective against the Eagles tiny line-up.

Beautiful reverse dunk by Okogie. I think his explosiveness has increased even more despite sitting with injury.

But none of that matters if we keep leaving shooters open. It drives me nuts. I'm not sure if it's switching defenses all the time, or half the team not interested in playing any(this includes a certain upperclassmen). Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed or the ACC games will be tough to watch. We finally went to "in yo face man to man defense" (which I call for against every team like Coppin State) in the 2nd half and was way more successful.

If we get the defense sorted out, and we get all our players and DLab back, we can make a run baby!

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
FWIW IMHO Lammers still has a long way to be the Lammers of last year. He can block shots against Coppin but the way he moves and the offensive moves he makes are a long way from last year. Long way to go yet even on this level. [FLOAT_LEFT][FLOAT_LEFT][/FLOAT_LEFT][/FLOAT_LEFT]

His offensive moves have always been awkward in the post. He actually had a beautiful jump hook late in the game. Wish he would try that more than some of his awkward, off-balanced shots.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
His offensive moves have always been awkward in the post. He actually had a beautiful jump hook late in the game. Wish he would try that more than some of his awkward, off-balanced shots.

True - but they looked slower and more awkward tonight notwithstanding that very nice jump hook you referred to. I am hoping he still just needs time to get his ankle back in shape.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I thought Cole has his best contribution of the year tonight by far. He was hustling on D (unlike some others on the floor). His hustle helped a lot, I thought. Lammers looked better (but still not quite the 2016 Lammers). Still tending to throw up fade-away jumpers....I want him low post much more than high post against teams like this. Okogie finally got going after a lack luster 1st half.

All in all.....whew!

With so many guys out, Saturday will be ugly indeed.

(Now watch us pull a UNC and win in South Bend.....)