GT vs Clemson Media

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Mr. Benson is taking the wrong idea with some of the questions about Howard. I personally don't want Howard to replace Benson I want a 1 2 punch (Laskey/Days) with the two of them. Being able to split the carries between the two of them will keep the two of them fresh and greatly reduce the wear on Benson. I want both to have amazing seasons, heck I want the team to light up the stat boards, but I also want them to stay healthy. Playing Bback is a tough position where you get pounded and it takes a very driven individual to succeed in it as Benson has.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
So you can't explain it either without linking a video?
The mystery continues.....
I'm guessing comments can't be seen unless your on a desktop? I don't see any on my cell phone.
The comments were made on YouTube. The comment section only shows up on YouTube. Just go to YT and see the comment section under the 10/23 video. Would copy and paste but it will not let me.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Kirk Benson1 day ago
They still do not respect Kirvonte Benson...
SOMETHING62231 day ago
anyone who doesnt obviously hasnt watched the kid play.. great balance and power.
Kirk Benson1 day ago
SOMETHING6223 yeah I kno.... too much talk about Howard... the job is my son's until he leaves... ima make sure of it. We train harder than anyone so he deserves respect plus he blocks for Marshall to get yards and takes 3xs the hits. He deserves respect. He can easily be a 2k back if gets just a lil bit of open holds.... respect #30 like you respect the others he is the bback record holder with 1/3 less touches. Calculate that for yourself.

There yall go.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The comments were made on YouTube. The comment section only shows up on YouTube. Just go to YT and see the comment section under the 10/23 video. Would copy and paste but it will not let me.
On your phone? I tried that but didn't see anything. I'll try again, maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: I switched my phone to desktop and was able to see it.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Kirvonte is doing well. I hope that people realize that everything in life is temporary. Life is short and football careers are usually shorter, so enjoy what you have while you have it. It can change in a heartbeat. Never take a good situation for granted. Give thanks and focus on today.

Go Jackets!

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
I hope he breaks all the records fwiw. I’d have to tell my dad to keep quiet though. Let his actions do the talking. The eternal optimists in the GT fan base are always asking about the next man up. With the BB carousel of late, they have good reason.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Regarding TV Coverage for the game (also posted in another thread GT vs Clemson (-15.5) )

upload_2017-10-25_21-35-29.png

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Kirk Benson1 day ago
They still do not respect Kirvonte Benson...
SOMETHING62231 day ago
anyone who doesnt obviously hasnt watched the kid play.. great balance and power.
Kirk Benson1 day ago
SOMETHING6223 yeah I kno.... too much talk about Howard... the job is my son's until he leaves... ima make sure of it. We train harder than anyone so he deserves respect plus he blocks for Marshall to get yards and takes 3xs the hits. He deserves respect. He can easily be a 2k back if gets just a lil bit of open holds.... respect #30 like you respect the others he is the bback record holder with 1/3 less touches. Calculate that for yourself.

There yall go.

Mr. Benson is correct in all of his statements about his son save one IMHO. Our opponents, our fans, and most importantly his teammates most definitely "respect" Kirvonte. Take it to the bank. That said, it should be remembered that Bback is a very physically demanding position. Kirvonte himself, probably welcomes the respite given to him by Jerry who has shown he is a more than capable back up. As one poster indicated, it can all go away in a heart beat. Injuries, academics, other personal issues have always been a part of college football. It was that way 50 years ago and remains so today.

As a college student, I saw a heavily favored North Carolina team come to Grant Field to play the Jackets some time during the 1970s. Besides simply having better players, which was a given for most of our opponents back then, they had a truly outstanding running back whose name escapes me that was being touted as an All America candidate and sure fire NFL prospect. Early in the game he broke the line of scrimmage down in the south end and came up the east sideline. I was sitting in the north stands and had my trusty field glasses on him when suddenly a Tech defensive back came charging from the side and put a perfectly legal but devastating hit on him driving the Tarheel out of bounds. Alas, the hit was made on his knee plus it appeared to me that he fell awkwardly. It turned out to be a career ending knee injury. These things happen and can happen at any moment. Just the way it is.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
The whole “job is his till he leaves” thing is a little too lavar ball for me. But it is what it is I suppose.

For the moment, Kirvonte has earned every accolade he has received. He has worked very hard and deserves our admiration and respect in stepping in when two more highly recruited players decided to take their wares elsewhere. Kirvonte stuck with us and has proven himself to be an All ACC type football player beyond question. A fine player and outstanding young man. A credit to the Institute.