GT vs Clemson (-15.5)

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson beat Wake by 14 with wake playing back up qb. We beat Wake by 14 at home off a bye with them playing their starting qb.
I believe we can win this one, but Clemson was up 21-0 when Bryant was knocked out against Wake. It was then 28-0 in the 4th quarter; Wake scored the last TD with ~2 minutes left.

Wake was dominated, though with their backup QB completing under 50% of his throws.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe we can win this one, but Clemson was up 21-0 when Bryant was knocked out against Wake. It was then 28-0 in the 4th quarter; Wake scored the last TD with ~2 minutes left.

Wake was dominated, though with their backup QB completing under 50% of his throws.

Stop trying to dfunk my flawed logic... The game is gonna be close damnit lol!

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
Me thinks we need to start making quick slant passes. Marshall is taller and good arm. Cuse beat them passing. We are going to have loosen them up with passes. With their DL will have to throw quick.
Yep, need to definitely look at the Cuse film, it was deep shots and a lot of defensive pressure, iirc Cuse probably blitzed 40-50% of the time

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Stop trying to dfunk my flawed logic... The game is gonna be close damnit lol!
I actually think it will be. My family is driving up for it, so I hope so!

And fwiw, I only commented because I thought many of the same things. I just watched the wake-clemson game and wake had a chance but they would have had to hit some lucky chances. At times they looked totally overmatched.

I think we have better players than wake, and a better offense. We need a subpar performance from them at QB so we can occasionally roll down on Etienne (he averages Clinton Lynch numbers as a conventional RB) and execution of our full offense -- option, zone/belly/trap and pass game.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
When is Taquon gonna have time to pass? We don't have much in the way of 3 step drop passing game. Our LT is a good run blocker but expect to see him struggle in pass pro against Clemson's DE's.

If we practice anything it needs to be a few different screens so that maybe we can negate the pressure from the D line a little bit. I think our best bet is going to be running behind Shamire and/or anything where we can block Clemson's D line laterally.

We really need Benson and Howard to run like animals, both through D line arm tackles and then trucking or making LBers miss. If we can force the safeties to try and help in run support then we might can hit some play action over top. But that means Taquon has to be ON from the get go.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Is it fair to assume this is an adjustment for Bryant?

Etienne is questionable with a hamstring fwiw.

I don't know. Some of it could've been catch-up.

Here's what I think about this game.
1) I'm completely convinced that our Offense really is 85%+ execution. Wake's D has not been a joke all year, and CPJ was able to identify what they were doing and what would work in response.

2) Our D is legitimately better this year but has had too many what the what drives/halves. CU"s O is not as good as last couple of years, imo, so, if we come out focused for 60 min, we should be able to get enough stops to give our O a chance to dial in.

If we can get to half within 14, I think we'll have a good chance.

BigJacket

Banned
From my experience with concussions, it might be two weeks before the fog starts to clear. I doubt he plays and I doubt they confirm anything before Saturday. This wasn’t just a headache after the game, he was asleep on the turf.

They’re saying he Cleared concussion protocol last week and is totally good on that end but Bryant admitted it’s his ankle that’s not 100%.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
They’re saying he Cleared concussion protocol last week and is totally good on that end but Bryant admitted it’s his ankle that’s not 100%.
If that’s the case, then there’s no doubt what will be going through his mind when he considers leaving the pocket. He certainly wouldn’t be a dual threat. He will have zero contact all week.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'll make a prediction right now. Tech rushes for 275 - 300 yards and the game is a prize fight going into the 4th, whether Bryant plays or not. I've watched the Tiggers twice. They are not, repeat not, as good on D as they were last year and they do not, repeat not, have a stud RB in the stable. Their running game is Bryant and a few helpers. If he plays and he runs, I'll give him about 1.5 quarters before we knock him out of the game. Nothing dirty or off the board required either. All it will take is a solid hit.

Well, I've made predictions here before and sometimes they work out. Here's hoping this is one of those times.