GT vs Clemson (-15.5)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The Jackets open as 15.5 pt underdogs. Looks like the line has come down to 14.5 in early betting.

Track line movements here: http://www.vegasinsider.com/college...ment/[email protected]/date/10-28-17

Other lines of note:
  • FSU (-3) @ Boston College
  • Louisville (-3) @ Wake Forest
  • Miami (-20.5) @ North Carolina
  • Virginia @ Pittsburgh (-3)
  • Duke @ Virginia Tech (-15.5)
  • NC State @ Notre Dame (-7.5)
  • Georgia (-14.5) vs Florida

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson OC just said that to his knowledge, Bryant had cleared the concussion protocol and will begin practicing again today.

Also, he did not practice last week. It's a bit self-interested, but I can't help but think this is too soon for a severe concussion. I was knocked out of a game my sophomore year -- playing with a blackout concussion after reentering a game with concussion -- and IIRC concussion protocol was two weeks. And for good reason..

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson OC just said that to his knowledge, Bryant had cleared the concussion protocol and will begin practicing again today.

Also, he did not practice last week. It's a bit self-interested, but I can't help but think this is too soon for a severe concussion. I was knocked out of a game my sophomore year -- playing with a blackout concussion after reentering a game with concussion -- and IIRC concussion protocol was two weeks. And for good reason..
It may not have to do with the concussion if he's held out. He's got a bad wheel from the week before, and running a RPO, that doesn't bode well for trying to avoid injury. Cleared to practice doesn't mean cleared to play yet. Imagine the firestorm Dabo would face if his star QB got knocked out again one game after his first concussion.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
From my experience with concussions, it might be two weeks before the fog starts to clear. I doubt he plays and I doubt they confirm anything before Saturday. This wasn’t just a headache after the game, he was asleep on the turf.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
From my experience with concussions, it might be two weeks before the fog starts to clear. I doubt he plays and I doubt they confirm anything before Saturday. This wasn’t just a headache after the game, he was asleep on the turf.
Whoa, I did not actually see the hit that took him out of the Cuse game until just now, but you're absolutely right. Bryant was completely out.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

Dayum, thats some scary ****

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Like I said elsewhere, I sure do hope they don't play him. If he gets knocked out again - it's more likely to happen soon after you get knocked out the first time - he could suffer some real damage. Like end of his career damage, I mean. So, like others here, I doubt he'll play. He'll be the most vulnerable target on the field if he does.

But even if he does play, I doubt seriously that Dabo will let him run. As some may have noticed in the Orange game, when he's out the Tiggers don't have much in the way of a running game. So, let's just play the game and see what happens.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Like I said elsewhere, I sure do hope they don't play him. If he gets knocked out again - it's more likely to happen soon after you get knocked out the first time - he could suffer some real damage. Like end of his career damage, I mean. So, like others here, I doubt he'll play. He'll be the most vulnerable target on the field if he does.

But even if he does play, I doubt seriously that Dabo will let him run. As some may have noticed in the Orange game, when he's out the Tiggers don't have much in the way of a running game. So, let's just play the game and see what happens.

To some numbers on this, CU for the season is 60% run. They were about 60% pass versus Cuse.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow, 14 or 15 point line is massive and higher than I expected at 10 or so. Oh well, at least we shouldn't expect a win. If we get one, it will be very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very sweet.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

That would definitely level the playing field. When we play Clemson we don’t have much of a run game...

BigJacket

Banned
Wow, 14 or 15 point line is massive and higher than I expected at 10 or so. Oh well, at least we shouldn't expect a win. If we get one, it will be very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very sweet.

15 is about what I was expecting, wouldn't have been surprised if it was 17.

4 of the last 5 years they have blown us out by :

For the most part we haven't even been remotely competitive the last half decade against these folks sans the gift they gave us in 2014. My Clemson buddies love to keep bringing up the fact the we haven't gotten over a 100 yards rushing vs them the last couple of years and how Venables just owns CPJ now.

If not for Watson getting knocked out in '14 game, I seriously doubt we would have won that one either. Cole Stoudt handed us that game on a silver platter with two easy pick 6's, he might have had the worst QB performance I've seen out of an ACC QB in over a decade. Our offense had one to two good drives against Clemson that game with one long run by JeT.

Clemson is in a different league right now and I could honestly see us getting blown out again Sat night from a team looking to make a statement after a bad loss coming off a bye week with the best DL in country and best D coordinator in country in a night game on national TV in a raucous environment. All this is adding up to us getting stomped in the face with a hob nail boot. My head tells me we lose this game to the tune of about 35 to 10, with about 150-175 yards total offense.

There's a part of me hanging on to the fact that GT has been Clemson's nemesis for decades up until about 5 years ago and maybe we can do it to them again. My heart is hoping the stars align and we pull of the miracle win 24-21 with King making a short kick to win the game and adding his name in Yellow Jacket lore.

I think we will have a legit shot of beating them next year with most of our offense back and the game at Bobby Dodd. I think that game could be a true toss up, but this year I give us a about 10% or less chance to pull off the miracle.

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Jackets open as 15.5 pt underdogs. Looks like the line has come down to 14.5 in early betting.

Track line movements here: http://www.vegasinsider.com/college...ment/[email protected]/date/10-28-17

Other lines of note:
  • FSU (-3) @ Boston College
  • Louisville (-3) @ Wake Forest
  • Miami (-20.5) @ North Carolina
  • Virginia @ Pittsburgh (-3)
  • Duke @ Virginia Tech (-15.5)
  • NC State @ Notre Dame (-7.5)
  • Georgia (-14.5) vs Florida
Clemson 24-14 over GT
Boston College 21-19 over FSU
Louisville 27-24 over Wake Forest
Miami 41-14 over North Carolina
Virgina 31-21 over Pitt
Virginia 35-14 over Duke
Notre Dame 34-17 over NCSU
Florida 19-17 over Georgia

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson beat Wake by 14 with wake playing back up qb. We beat Wake by 14 at home off a bye with them playing their starting qb. We lost Miami by 1 @ Miami, Clemson lost to Syracuse would lost to Miami by 9.

Clemson is #1 in total defense in ACC. Tech is #3

Clemson is #6 in total offense in ACC. Tech is #7

This will be a close game. TAKE THE POINTS!!!!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Clemson beat Wake by 14 with wake playing back up qb. We beat Wake by 14 at home off a bye with them playing their starting qb. We lost Miami by 1 @ Miami, Clemson lost to Syracuse would lost to Miami by 9.

Clemson is #1 in total defense in ACC. Tech is #3

Clemson is #6 in total offense in ACC. Tech is #7

This will be a close game. TAKE THE POINTS!!!!
It wont surprise me at all if GT upsets Clempson in Death Valley(y)