GT vs BG Ghost Uniforms

RabidJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
A lot of you rave about the different "color" schemes. I DON"T! The gold and white variations are the TRUE GT colors. I guess "looking PRETTY" (in what is granted attractive schemes) somehow relates to TECH football's success BUT it obviously isn't HELPING and (to me) detracts from GT's legacy. Color schemes really don't matter.--what does matter is the quality of the player wearing them,

gtg021x

Georgia Tech Fan
Question for folks obsessed with jerseys. I got out my old Nesbit era Russel jersey and while it definitely doesn't look as good and clean as my Adidas jersey, it breathes so much better and is more comfortable for longer wear. Im curious, does anyone else feel that the Adidas material is less comfortable in the heat, because this 30 something feels the difference chasing kids around. I also can't imagine trying to go 4 quarters in an all black version with the temperature at 80 or above.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Question for folks obsessed with jerseys. I got out my old Nesbit era Russel jersey and while it definitely doesn't look as good and clean as my Adidas jersey, it breathes so much better and is more comfortable for longer wear. Im curious, does anyone else feel that the Adidas material is less comfortable in the heat, because this 30 something feels the difference chasing kids around. I also can't imagine trying to go 4 quarters in an all black version with the temperature at 80 or above.

As you have chased your kids around in both types of jerseys/materials, do you notice any difference in your ability to actually catch and contain them? Apparently both fabrics seem to have a certain "slipperiness" about them that makes it easy for someone being pursued to avoid being caught easily. I wish whoever made our jerseys used the same fabric that they put in Charlie Thomas's jersey as he did not apparently have the same issue in being avoided that our other defenders in the last decade and a half have had. Or maybe it was his blood type. I dunno. :unsure:;)

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Really would like to know who made the decision to wear all black at 3:30 KO on one of the hottest days of September. Incompetence.
I seriously doubt the dark color had anything to do with the outcome yesterday. We just have a bunch of coaches and players that coached and played to their lowest level yesterday. If it were possible a lot of firing and “processing” should occur immediately. A lot of incompetence was on display yesterday from Both the coaches and players

JacketFan137

Banned
I seriously doubt the dark color had anything to do with the outcome yesterday. We just have a bunch of coaches and players that coached and played to their lowest level yesterday. If it were possible a lot of firing and “processing” should occur immediately. A lot of incompetence was on display yesterday from Both the coaches and players
yeah i don’t think i’d we wore white we’d suddenly learn how to tackle their rb or block for more than a second

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Never said the uniforms had anything to do with how we played. Just think it's rather incompetent, given a choice, to wear glow in the dark all black uniforms on one of the hottest days of September with a 3:30 kick. This was the uniform thread, not the post game.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Never said the uniforms had anything to do with how we played. Just think it's rather incompetent, given a choice, to wear glow in the dark all black uniforms on one of the hottest days of September with a 3:30 kick. This was the uniform thread, not the post game.

Unfortunately for us, this was driven by the Adidas contract, not a choice of ours.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Unfortunately for us, this was driven by the Adidas contract, not a choice of ours.
Good to know. Then it is was their incompetence. Although I'm surprised that our uniform supplier has the power to dictate on what date we wear the different styles/color schemes they provide. If it really was their decision (Adidas) that we wear a glow in the dark uni for a DST 3:30 kick-off........wow. Call me skeptical.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
LongforDodd said:

PS: Competely agree with your assessment on the game.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
The black didn't seem to bother us the first 2 series. They had already been on the field for an hour prior to the game starting wearing them and gotten used to them. I wish it was that simple. We would've been beaten in Old Gold, mustard gold, French fry gold etc yesterday.
New week. I hope today's practice was an attention getter.
Time to beat Miami!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Good to know. Then it is was their incompetence. Although I'm surprised that our uniform supplier has the power to dictate on what date we wear the different styles/color schemes they provide. If it really was their decision (Adidas) that we wear a glow in the dark uni for a DST 3:30 kick-off........wow. Call me skeptical.

We weren't the only school. Games were preassigned before TV schedules. Adidas did such a poor job that the bookstore didn't find out until Thursday when the fans did and didn't have any inventory in stock to sell.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I’m going to commit blasphemy so get your knives out.

I always thought the Black Watch was more a gimmick thing than anything else. Sure, we got one good season out of it, and the hype was half the fun, but, as Tech traditions go, this one is way down the list for me.

I’ve never understood the love for this. I mean, I love the year the Pepper Rodgers wishbone beat Notre Dame, but to enshrine that as some glory year in Tech lore seems a little over the top. Black Watch feels like a lovely myth that people have made into more than it ever really was. One good season and a dramatic night win over uga at Bobby Dodd was never a good reason to me to change Tech’s historic colors.

I hated the uniforms Saturday and I felt like it set the teeth of the football gods on edge long before we even realized that this was a Saturday gift wrapped from hell.

Don’t ever do to the Colorado / Army / Wake Forest / Vanderbilt uniforms ever again. Never.

Trash these monstrosities.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I hated the uniforms Saturday and I felt like it set the teeth of the football gods on edge long before we even realized that this was a Saturday gift wrapped from hell.
Based on what happened during the game - our uncharacteristically abysmal performance plus our opponent playing out of their minds, including the highlight catch of the year from their 2-star WR - I actually wondered if we had done something to upset a higher power. We tempted fate with those uniforms. Does anyone have a better explanation?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I know why they were referred to as Ghost uniforms....people seemed to run right through them with little to no resistance. ;)

You sir, win the internet today...

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max