GT vs BG Ghost Uniforms

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I swore I wouldn't comment on unis until the off season, and here I am yakking them up in game 5, but just I wonder if anyone has an idea why the numbers are glow in the dark when they won't be in the dark? I don't get it.
For the promo videos

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Black uniforms always make me think we are stealing from ARMY. Several other schools go the black and gold route but Army, to me, is the most iconic version and everyone else looks like a rip off by comparison. Even Colorado.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t fully understand the “this team looks like that team” when they were the colors of their own school. Or I don’t get the anger/frustration at it. Does navy, ND, wake get told they look like tech when they were gold helmets, white jersey, gold pants? If colors are shared through several schools, there’s going to be crossover.

Granted black is a little touchy subject. And in a perfect world we would be able to properly utilize old gold more

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Just wondering. Is it possible that we're wearing these for an afternoon game because it could cause issues if they glow after dark? Distractions or visibility issues? Maybe not allowed by NCAA regulations (one of the rare things they can control)? Of course that doesn't answer the question about why we would have them to begin with. Why would Adidas invest money in them except that they can sell them to the fans?

I did a quick search and saw lots of noise about Oregon back in 2015 but nothing I could find said they ever actually made it to the field during a game.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just wondering. Is it possible that we're wearing these for an afternoon game because it could cause issues if they glow after dark? Distractions or visibility issues? Maybe not allowed by NCAA regulations (one of the rare things they can control)? Of course that doesn't answer the question about why we would have them to begin with. Why would Adidas invest money in them except that they can sell them to the fans?

I did a quick search and saw lots of noise about Oregon back in 2015 but nothing I could find said they ever actually made it to the field during a game.
During the game the stadiums lit up too well to be worried about glow in the dark trim on a uniform causing an issue. Granted that's just my opinion.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
During the game the stadiums lit up too well to be worried about glow in the dark trim on a uniform causing an issue. Granted that's just my opinion.
I wonder if the glow in the dark feature is just on the one uni in the video. Doesn't make sense for it to be on all of them.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I wonder if the glow in the dark feature is just on the one uni in the video. Doesn't make sense for it to be on all of them.

Supposed to be on all of them. Were this a later game they could turn the lights off for a couple of secs to show off. (Our new LED light system gives us a lot of ability to have fun with a uni like this) Not sure it will be dark enough by the end of the game, though.

slugboy

Staff member
After scrolling and reading every post about these uniforms it is apparent that Coach Johnson was right when he observed that he had never seen a fan base more obsessed with uniforms. It's what we do every year. I mean do you think Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama or LSU ever have even one topic on uniforms? One caveat, there is a couple at church who are devoted, fanatical Clemson fans and they are good people but mention purple jerseys and the fireworks start. Florida fans hated it when Charley Pell got rid of the traditional blue jerseys with white helmets and white pants for orange jerseys, orange hats, and white pants. Of course, Spurrier immediately changed back to a blue and white combo but stayed with the orange helmets.
I don’t get the uniform debates. If the players are happy and playing well, I’m good.

Draw fangs on the mouthpieces for Halloween. Wear funky socks. Roll out Jimmy Buffet memorial aloha jerseys.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I liked the reveal video and some of the pictures that were posted, but I don’t really like them since seeing them on the field.

Maybe they would look better at night?

If we want to change it up go G/N/W. I’ve always liked that combination.