GT vs BG Ghost Uniforms

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
To the fun people on this forum, and to the people who say ā€œjust winā€ in response to every post-
Does this mean we wear black? I know it wonā€™t help us win but Iā€¦ you know, still enjoy being a fan so let me know!
After scrolling and reading every post about these uniforms it is apparent that Coach Johnson was right when he observed that he had never seen a fan base more obsessed with uniforms. It's what we do every year. I mean do you think Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama or LSU ever have even one topic on uniforms? One caveat, there is a couple at church who are devoted, fanatical Clemson fans and they are good people but mention purple jerseys and the fireworks start. Florida fans hated it when Charley Pell got rid of the traditional blue jerseys with white helmets and white pants for orange jerseys, orange hats, and white pants. Of course, Spurrier immediately changed back to a blue and white combo but stayed with the orange helmets.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
After scrolling and reading every post about these uniforms it is apparent that Coach Johnson was right when he observed that he had never seen a fan base more obsessed with uniforms. It's what we do every year. I mean do you think Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama or LSU ever have even one topic on uniforms? One caveat, there is a couple at church who are devoted, fanatical Clemson fans and they are good people but mention purple jerseys and the fireworks start. Florida fans hated it when Charley Pell got rid of the traditional blue jerseys with white helmets and white pants for orange jerseys, orange hats, and white pants. Of course, Spurrier immediately changed back to a blue and white combo but stayed with the orange helmets.
In their defense it would be very considerate of GT to match golds

But aside from that yes Iā€™d prefer that we were 1 home Jersey 1 away Jersey team.
Iā€™m an auburn grad and love that theyā€™ve hardly touched our uniform for decades.

Although the black uniforms signify Tech history, which is cool, thereā€™s nothing like ā€œhereā€™s what weā€™ve worn the last 50 yearsā€ in my humble opinion.

See yā€™all Saturday

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Yes they do

JacketFan137

Banned
every fanbase cares about uniforms and gets excited for different stuff. team gear also plays a part in recruiting and players wanna wear cool things.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
I honestly assumed these would be debuted against UNC under the lights. Not to beat a dead horse, but I think they will look a little out of place for a 3:30 kick. They'd look great at night though, and I'm glad to see we're shifting away from blue unis.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
gagger fans are upset we are wearing black jerseys when it's not one of our colors but Kirby won't let them wear black:ROFLMAO:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I know you are young and love having you with us.
But those are not the uniforms that Tech wore during Curry's years 1984 and 1985 as the blackwatch defense and you had to earn the Black GT on the helmets. They also wore white pants.

View attachment 14799
And I might add, those are black jerseys. Not navy blue. Black. And we looked awesome in them, btw. And we ought to bring them back. Now.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to assume that you haven't in the recent past stood outside in the sun, even at 78, in a black suit with a hat on your head for 3 hours... šŸ˜‰
I'm wondering how long the players on the sideline will be in the sun. Since Tech players are on the west side, I would imagine they'll be in the shade a good part of the game.
But that said, I'll be wearing mostly white tomorrow :cool:

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
In my opinion, one of the most off-putting things posters here do, is come to a uniform thread and tell everyone how much they donā€™t care about uniforms and say that winning is all they care about. Like you as a fan have anything to do with the outcome of the game anyway. Youā€™re not on the coaching staff. You not caring about uniforms is just as irrelevant as others caring about them. A fan can care how we look and still think winning is just as important as you do. It doesnā€™t make you a better fan, and no one cares that you donā€™t care.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I honestly assumed these would be debuted against UNC under the lights. Not to beat a dead horse, but I think they will look a little out of place for a 3:30 kick. They'd look great at night though, and I'm glad to see we're shifting away from blue unis.
Uh oh, here comes a dead horse beating ;-)

But seriously, why do we always talk about our uniforms instead of the opposition's? I'll start: Why isn't Bowling Green green?

1695996045618.png

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
In my opinion, one of the most off-putting things posters here do, is come to a uniform thread and tell everyone how much they donā€™t care about uniforms and say that winning is all they care about. Like you as a fan have anything to do with the outcome of the game anyway. Youā€™re not on the coaching staff. You not caring about uniforms is just as irrelevant as others caring about them. A fan can care how we look and still think winning is just as important as you do. It doesnā€™t make you a better fan, and no one cares that you donā€™t care.
Well as for me, I care that you care that I don't care (sort of), so I know exactly what you're saying ;-)

I care, sort of, but I'll go on record as saying I'd rather win in hot pink than lose in white and gold.