GT v the Citadel Postgame Press Conference

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I don’t even want to watch his used car clueless comments at this point. He should have called the OC performance what it was, which was crap

Why is everyone blaming the offense for this loss? We scored 28 points, yes we should have scored more and won but the defense and bad penalties lost this game period.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
The team is losing OLinemen. That hurts. That hurts a lot. CDP is not helping tho. This is a running team. Run the damn ball and then hit them with the play action until they stop it.

He owned it. Good. Now prove you can coach. I can take a loss but this loss was unacceptable.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Why is everyone blaming the offense for this loss? We scored 28 points, yes we should have scored more and won but the defense and bad penalties lost this game period.

We scored 21 points in regulation to an fcs school who was 0-2

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
He covers it in the presser. The ref announced the ball would start on snap. It started on ball place instead. It caught the team unaware because the ref said on snap.

Actually, he did not. I thought he said that, but I re-watched the replay and he said the clock would start when the ball was ready.

Let's wait for GTBob to upload it to confirm - but I am 100% sure that the ref said when the ball was ready.

The conservative thing to do is to call timeout with 4 seconds left so your FG attempt leaves no time left for the other team in case you miss.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We scored 21 points in regulation to an fcs school who was 0-2
Sorry i must have been counting that TO touchdown that didn’t count......21 should have been plenty to beat them, i can’t understand why we couldn’t stop them

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Actually, he did not. I thought he said that, but I re-watched the replay and he said the clock would start when the ball was ready.

Let's wait for GTBob to upload it to confirm - but I am 100% sure that the ref said when the ball was ready.

The conservative thing to do is to call timeout with 4 seconds left so your FG attempt leaves no time left for the other team in case you miss.
I said what the coach said. I had the game on mute and couldn’t hear.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Sorry i must have been counting that TO touchdown that didn’t count......21 should have been plenty to beat them, i can’t understand why we couldn’t stop them

Really? People bitched on this board for years if we scored 21 against a top 5 team running PJs spread option. Now 21 is enough to win. Lol

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I have cheered for Tech for 5 decades and I am at a loss for words, but “embarrassing” comes to mind. Now that the hype has faded, we should all realize we are going to have to scratch and claw our way back to respectability and it may take years. Sadly, I don’t expect Tech to win another game this year.
I'll try and help you cause we still have 9 more games and you'll need more words each game.
1 ) ashamed
2) mortified
3)uncomfortable
4) uneasy
5) distressed
6) ashamed
7) distressed
8) taken aback
9) astounded

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
My issue with the offensive game plan.

Against USF Oliver leads the team on a 76 yard drive to put the team up 14-3 and end the half. Instead of letting Oliver build on this momentum we switch it over to Graham to start the 2nd half.

Today against Citadel Oliver leads a 67 yard drive to tie the game up at 21 including a good 29 yard pass. Comes out and returns the kick 52 yards and instead of continuing with the hot hand we go back to LJ who just had a shoulder injury.

Scubapro

Banned
He took the blame for all of it .. multiple times

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sorry...never said sheet was his fault...print the transcript and show me where he said he made a mistake...he did lots of explaining and complementing the citadel but only said the penalties were his fault...said zip about not having them ready...not putting the payers in position...getting the kickers ready...
A defense that allowed an average of 33 points per game to Towson and Elon held Tech to 24 points, just six in the first half.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Love the commitment, Fire, plan, and goals.

Cares more than just setting records for one side of the ball.

We are just screwed somewhat because we could not/ would not recruit more OL & DL due to having the numbers to put 4 men in the backfield every play.
He had a chance to sign 2 OL out of the 19 class. He chose not to
And there are no interior DL in the 20 class so far
He’s in over his head.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
Gotta stay supportive, this rebuild wasn’t going to be easy. Love our guys, but turn on the television and I see visibly more talent at other Power 5 programs. It’s reality. We have a few players, but not enough. Next year we’ll have upgrades all over the field; transfers, recruits with actual impressive offer lists... our OC might be a joke, but he might look a h*** of a lot better with a qb that can throw it down the seam, hit a crosser in traffic, throw a back shoulder, stay in the pocket and go through a progression. I’m not giving up on all of our qbs, but we don’t have that right now and we don’t have an OL that can protect them or a lot of weapons to throw to yet. And yes, I realize we have better players than the Citadel, but this is the reality of being a bottom tier Power 5 program from a talent perspective. Remember our classes have been in the 40s for several years. It happens every week, teams with better players lose to teams with lesser talent for a variety of different reasons. We are one of those programs unfortunately, but we should’ve seen this coming, and it will slowly get better and the ceiling will be much higher than it has been for awhile. Regardless I’ll be at every home game from here on out. Go jackets!

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow

You are correct.