GT Pro day

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I figured a mid 4.4 at best. Throughout his career he looked really fast at times but even then I figured he may run a high 4.3. Like a few runs during his freshman year and several during his sophomore year. After watching him his Junior and Senior year I was expecting a 4.48-4.52 range. Congrats to him, he will definitely be talked about as one of the most prolific QBs in GT history for a very long time. I really hope that I haven't seen the last of JT5 on the gridiron.
I was thinking a 4.4 as well and from what the slowest hand timed was he might have been around that if it was laser timed.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
How is the crow tasting?

Good for you JT, give em hell.
I don't think anyone is eating crow lol. There is a huge conflict in the times of his 40. Well maybe those who thought it would be over a 4.50 but he was probably around a 4.36 - 4.42 if it would have been laser timed, im going by the ajc numbers. I honestly though he would be around a 4.44 from what I saw during the season So I'm glad he ran a sub 4.40. And hope he gets picked up by the right team.

Deleted member 2897

I don't think anyone is eating crow lol. There is a huge conflict in the times of his 40. Well maybe those who thought it would be over a 4.50 but he was probably around a 4.36 - 4.42 if it would have been laser timed, im going by the ajc numbers. I honestly though he would be around a 4.44 from what I saw during the season So I'm glad he ran a sub 4.40. And hope he gets picked up by the right team.

The people there live were between 4.28 and 4.37. The video is there for you. I measured it 5x by hand on my stop watch and got 4.25 - 4.36 if I remember correctly, for an average of 4.32.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Lol You guys do this every year

"Demaryious doesn't have straight line speed"
Runs 4.38

"Morgan Burnett looks like a 4.6 guy"
Runs 4.4

"Not sure about Stephen Hill straight line speed
Fastest time at combine at 4.3 flat

"No way Kevin Cone makes it in the NFL. No production or speed"
Runs 4.3

"Our Defense is really slow" (2010-14)
Attoachu 4.5-4.6
Lou Young- 4.4
Rod Sweeting- 4.4
Chris Milton- 4.3
Quayshawn Nealy -4.5
DJ White 4.4
TJ Barnes 4.9 @350

I'm not sure how anyone could imagine JT run anywhere near 4.5. I'm almost positive that this has been the longest that he has been 100% since his Freshman year

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The people there live were between 4.28 and 4.37. The video is there for you. I measured it 5x by hand on my stop watch and got 4.25 - 4.36 if I remember correctly, for an average of 4.32.
Is there an article to confirm what the scouts timed? I thought that's what the ajc article was where he ran a 4.33 to a 4.39. I would like to see where he ran a 4.25 and it was documented .

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Runs 4.38

Runs 4.4

Runs 4.3

Attoachu 4.5-4.6
Lou Young- 4.4
Rod Sweeting- 4.4
Chris Milton- 4.3
Quayshawn Nealy -4.5
DJ White 4.4
TJ Barnes 4.9 @350

I'm not sure how anyone could imagine JT run anywhere near 4.5. I'm almost positive that this has been the longest that he has been 100% since his Freshman year
Yea we had some good speed but let's not kid ourselves, if they run those numbers in the combine they probably aren't running those numbers during the season. They train for a couple months to get those numbers. I do agree we fans are wrong on speed most of the time, it's honestly really hard to guess what a guy is running.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Is there an article to confirm what the scouts timed? I thought that's what the ajc article was where he ran a 4.33 to a 4.39. I would like to see where he ran a 4.25 and it was documented .

There was video of his 40. @bwelbo said he used his stop watch to time it several times and gave the times he got. I don't know what you don't understand. All the times from 4.25 to 4.36 or whatever were of the same videoed run. Tifwiw.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
There was video of his 40. @bwelbo said he used his stop watch to time it several times and gave the times he got. I don't know what you don't understand. All the times from 4.25 to 4.36 or whatever were of the same videoed run. Tifwiw.
Ok so we just take the time from a video lol? The scouts that were actually there had him at a 4.33 to a 4.39 as it's been documented and stated by JT himself, he was told 4.33 to 4.37. At no time did JT say he Ran a sub 4.3, nor was it documented by any of the scouts. I'm just inclined to believe what the SCOUTS that were at the pro day had for his 40 time. I was asking a sincere question as if there was actually documented information from a scout or someone else that was there. I don't know what you don't understand. But if you would rather believe something other than those who where there so you think he was faster then that's fine by me. Thought my comment was obvious that I was asking for something actually documented.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Ok so we just take the time from a video lol? The scouts that were actually there had him at a 4.33 to a 4.39 as it's been documented and stated by JT himself, he was told 4.33 to 4.37. At no time did JT say he Ran a sub 4.3, nor was it documented by any of the scouts. I'm just inclined to believe what the SCOUTS that were at the pro day had for his 40 time. I was asking a sincere question as if there was actually documented information from a scout or someone else that was there. I don't know what you don't understand.

Smh
I said tifwiw. I was just explaining where he said that time came from.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yea we had some good speed but let's not kid ourselves, if they run those numbers in the combine they probably aren't running those numbers during the season. They train for a couple months to get those numbers. I do agree we fans are wrong on speed most of the time, it's honestly really hard to guess what a guy is running.

Our players aren't the only ones getting faster in the post-season combine training, so you can only compare our guys' times to the others out there. JT's 40 time relative to the all the times at the combine is very, very fast, one of the tops for anyone. We've had some very fast players over the past few years (remember Brandon Watts? Dude had a 4.4ish 40 at LB), it's something else making them look slow.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Our players aren't the only ones getting faster in the post-season combine training, so you can only compare our guys' times to the others out there. JT's 40 time relative to the all the times at the combine is very, very fast, one of the tops for anyone. We've had some very fast players over the past few years (remember Brandon Watts? Dude had a 4.4ish 40 at LB), it's something else making them look slow.
I agree with this 100% I was just making a statement that when guys train for a few month they will have a faster time then during the season. But we have definitely had good speed. And I'm guess your saying our scheme/coaching is what's making guys look slower lol?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Runs 4.38

Runs 4.4

Runs 4.3

Attoachu 4.5-4.6
Lou Young- 4.4
Rod Sweeting- 4.4
Chris Milton- 4.3
Quayshawn Nealy -4.5
DJ White 4.4
TJ Barnes 4.9 @350

Oh here is another. Our D has no talent. If you notice with the majority of tech fans its put it on the player first cuz no way coaching could suck.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Oh here is another. Our D has no talent. If you notice with the majority of tech fans its put it on the player first cuz no way coaching could suck.
Of course not, they are college coaches lol. coaches that are really good either get promoted to a better program or they become head coaches. Now that's not saying you can't have very good coaches stay but if you want to argue a coach is great, you better have something to back it up with. Imo a great coach is someone who can do more with less, they don't have to have the best of the best to be good at coaching their position group/side of the ball. Blaming the players is a sorry excuse, especially when they are bottom of the pack but had WAY higher rankings.

Sorry for the rant I'll try to get back on the subject of the GT pro day.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Of course not, they are college coaches lol. coaches that are really good either get promoted to a better program or they become head coaches. Now that's not saying you can't have very good coaches stay but if you want to argue a coach is great, you better have something to back it up with. Imo a great coach is someone who can do more with less, they don't have to have the best of the best to be good at coaching their position group/side of the ball. Blaming the players is a sorry excuse, especially when they are bottom of the pack but had WAY higher rankings.

Sorry for the rant I'll try to get back on the subject of the GT pro day.

Paul johnson is a great offensive coach. Great. Beyond great imo. Too bad he never landed at UF or the like. 2-3 national titles by now. However. His achilles is also D. I believe though at a UF he hires ellis johnson or better.

Getting off topic. Smooth is legit. And our team has better athletes than most fans here know. Time for some of our coaches to step up or step out.