GT Pro day

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
He just shot one through at 58yds as well. The scouts under the goal post said it would have been good from 63yds out.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
No one has any more desire than PJ. Hope he makes it somewhere. Gave us his all.

Watched his highlights video not too long ago. You can literally tell he got both faster as each season progressed and from freshman to senior year, plus his quickness on the ball improved noticeably as well. Hope he keeps that motor high and makes it somewhere!

Deleted member 2897

I did some research maybe a year ago, looking at what percentage of 4* and higher recruits make it to the NFL out of Alabama. I looked at the last 10 years, and stopped at the 2012 class if I remember correctly - because those would be the redshirt seniors coming out this year. I'm going from memory, but something like 30% of Alabama's recruits 4* and higher made it to the NFL. And wouldn't you know it, the percentage was about the same for Georgia Tech.

Now of course the volume is higher coming through Alabama, but actually a ton of 3* recruits over there made the NFL too, and they have so many 4*+ athletes that they can't all even get on the field.

The reason I bring this up is that we have 2 guys coming out this year who were 4* recruits: Francis Kallon and Justin Thomas. If just one of them makes the NFL, our percentage ticks up again since our volume isn't that high. And of course if they can both figure out how to make teams, that would be pretty good to bat 100% this year. I didn't keep the spreadsheet that I made, but the point of it was that my gut told me that they had so many highly rated recruits that your chances of making the NFL actually wouldn't be any greater than most other schools. So why not coming here and also get a degree along the way that actually means something.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Would be a baller fullback

He was a stud running back in high school. In the state playoffs his senior year, his coach stopped running the ball in a game. Probably the reason they lost the game 3-0 in overtime. ( I'm a graduate of the school they lost to, so we weren't too disappointed).

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Who stood out at Georgia Tech’s pro day
Thomas ran the 40-yard dash in a time that ranged between 4.33 and 4.39 seconds. It is attention-getting speed that augments the position drills that he did for scouts. At the NFL combine, only seven players ran under 4.4 seconds, although the combine participants are electronically timed, which generally records slower times than those hand-timed by scouts.
Going through cornerback drills, he showed quick feet and again latched onto balls with seemingly little effort, catching the last one — thrown perhaps 35 yards downfield by Tech grad assistant Tevin Washington — with one hand as he sprinted to the sideline.

“I didn’t think I was going to catch up to it, but I just put my head down and ended up finding the ball,” he said. “It was a great way to end it.”

AJC Photos
http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/f...talent-tech-pro-day/CobJlb5pm2XoDkoGHZIslK/#1

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Glad to be wrong about JT5's speed. Wow. Dead wrong. I was saying above 4.5
I figured a mid 4.4 at best. Throughout his career he looked really fast at times but even then I figured he may run a high 4.3. Like a few runs during his freshman year and several during his sophomore year. After watching him his Junior and Senior year I was expecting a 4.48-4.52 range. Congrats to him, he will definitely be talked about as one of the most prolific QBs in GT history for a very long time. I really hope that I haven't seen the last of JT5 on the gridiron.