GT Pro Day Central

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
right, which goes back to the scheme...we play off and blitz. Makes no sense....
Imo it makes perfect sense, in this film DJ squeezes many of the deep routes, and even on the short routes he closes well and makes the tackle as the man is making the catch.

What I believe he is saying, is when a man makes a catch and DJ is some yards off, if he wasn't already pursuing him when the ball was in the air, he waits for him to come to him instead of meeting him. If DJ is already coming hard and only a few yards off he doesn't do that, it's just when the guy has the ball in his hands and DJ wasn't already running full blast. I might be wrong but this is how I took it.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Imo it makes perfect sense, in this film DJ squeezes many of the deep routes, and even on the short routes he closes well and makes the tackle as the man is making the catch.

What I believe he is saying, is when a man makes a catch and DJ is some yards off, if he wasn't already pursuing him when the ball was in the air, he waits for him to come to him instead of meeting him. If DJ is already coming hard and only a few yards off he doesn't do that, it's just when the guy has the ball in his hands and DJ wasn't already running full blast. I might be wrong but this is how I took it.

No i am referring to roofs scheme. Not white with that comment. I hate when we blitz and play off at the same time. I like a press when we blitz even if we go into 3 deep

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
No i am referring to roofs scheme. Not white with that comment. I hate when we blitz and play off at the same time. I like a press when we blitz even if we go into 3 deep
You have to have the personnel to do that and we didn't.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/whos-competing-at-georgia-tech-pro-day/nqnPC/

Georgia Tech will have 11 former players who will participate in its annual pro day Friday morning at its Brock indoor facility. Much of the event, which is closed to the public, will be streamed online on ESPN3.

The list of participants:

Offensive tackle Bryan Chamberlain
Running back Synjyn Days
Safety Jamal Golden
Defensive tackle Adam Gotsis
Offensive lineman Errin Joe
Linebacker Tyler Marcordes
Cornerback Chris Milton
Fullback Patrick Skov
Safety Demond Smith
Running back Broderick Snoddy
Cornerback D.J. White

White competed at the NFL draft combine in Indianapolis and put up solid numbers, including a time of 4.49 seconds in the 40-yard dash and a broad jump of 11 feet, one of the top scores at the combine.

Days was draft eligible last year and signed with the Dallas Cowboys and was with the team briefly before being released. He has been working out with Atlanta-based trainer Chip Smith and vows to impress scouts Friday. Chamberlain, Joe, Milton, Smith, Snoddy and White have also trained at Smith’s Norcross facility.
Likewise, Milton scorched a 40-yard dash over the weekend and likely has gained more attention due to the impressive showing.

Gotsis, who is rehabilitating from an ACL tear suffered in the Virginia game in October, will take part in the bench press, a test of repetitions at 225 pounds, but obviously will not be able to take part in other tests and drills. One outlet projects Gotsis as a sixth-round pick.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Georgia great Champ Bailey is training Tech’s Chris Milton for the NFL

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-great-champ-bailey-is-training-techs-chris/nqnTN/

“He’s got the talent,” Bailey said. “I think what people can’t judge is your competitive fire, and I know he has that. Regardless of if you’re drafted or not, you just you want to be there and make an impression and tell people that you’re hungry, and I know he has that.”

Bailey, who played his final NFL game in 2013 and now lives in Sandy Springs, said he hoped to attend Friday’s testing.

“Hopefully they let me in the door,” he said, joking.

In truth, former Tech and Georgia players working out together is common. Bengals wide receiver and former Georgia All-America A.J. Green trains frequently at Tech’s Brock indoor facility over the summers with former Tech star Demaryius Thomas and, at least until his retirement, Calvin Johnson. A photo of former Bulldogs running back Todd Gurley taken at Brock made the rounds on message boards and blogs last summer.

In summers to come, Milton hopes to join them.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Georgia Tech's Pro Day Set for Friday
Annual event will be streamed live on ESPN3 at 10 a.m.

spacer.gif
11791878.jpeg

spacer.gif

Jamal Golden is one of 11 players participating in Friday's Pro Day.
spacer.gif

March 17, 2016

THE FLATS - Georgia Tech's annual Pro Day will be held Friday beginning at 10 a.m. inside the Brock Family Indoor Facility. The GT Pro Day will be streamed live on ESPN3 with Nathan McCreary and Roddy Jones.
Former Georgia Tech players will perform before dozens of NFL scouts, coaches and other decision makers in a variety of tests and position drills. At last year's Pro Day, Shaquille Mason was among players whose strong test numbers and workouts helped elevate his draft stock. Mason was drafted in the fourth round by the New England Patriots and went on to start 10 games for the AFC East champions.

Pro Day is closed to the general public, but it is open to credentialed media. Credentials used for Georgia Tech events will not be valid for entry.

PARTICIPANTS: Participants will undergo measurements, then broad jump, 40, position drills and bench press. This year's list of participants are OL Bryan Chamberlain, RB Synjyn Days, DB/KR Jamal Golden, DT Adam Gotsis, OL Errin Joe, LB Tyler Marcordes, DB Chris Milton, RB Patrick Skov, DB Demond Smith, RB Broderick Snoddy and CB D.J. White.

White and Gotsis both participated in the NFL Combine earlier this month in Indianapolis, while Milton also participated in a regional combine.