GT Primary Colors debate

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
if anyone is doubting our colors or uniforms just show them these uniforms. This is how God intended the Jackets to look
1723836078844.png

jpw67

Georgia Tech Fan
Anyone else remember the 2006 ACC Championship game? I distinctly remember it because I came home from running errands on a Saturday afternoon to turn on the TV and be somewhat astounded we were wearing something resembling the 1990 era home uniforms, except the shirt was - black (!?) I've had people point out to me the shirts were actually navy blue and got darker in the rain and that may be, but on the low-res TV of the day they looked black. For whatever reason, what they put together as a one-off for this game was darker than the Ross-era shirts even though the look was the same.

https://ramblinwreck.com/football-acc-championship/

Last edited:

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
if anyone is doubting our colors or uniforms just show them these uniforms. This is how God intended the Jackets to look
View attachment 16542
BTW, those numbers on that jersey were navy blue, not black. I had one of the jerseys. It was beautiful. People used to hate Russell, but they produced good basic uniforms. They were not stylish, though, and that’s what folks wanted. When Russell tried to produce style it was bad with a capital B. IMPO, a lot of the Adidas stuff so far is not a whole lot better. TBH, I prefer a nice basic uniform over the stylish stuff that just looks funny to me. But… nobody is asking for my preference.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Rudy Allen with Tony Head, David Sims, and Adrian Rucker (?) behind him against Notre Dame. Maybe September 1974? If so, the next year was the “Rudy” year (1975) up at S Bend, the next year (1976) was the year we beat them at BDS w/o throwing a pass, and the next year (1977) was the year Devine supposedly gave Pepper the one finger salute on the way to 69-14 win behind none other than Joe Montana.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like Nike and UNC Charlotte nailed the “Old Gold” look for their first game…

Adidas could call them up and ask for the color number.

View attachment 16577
Check out the reveal that Charlotte put up when showing them to the players. It's completely different than what is shown in these photos. In person, they are extremely washed out and look like the old UCF gold uniforms from when O'Leary was coaching.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
The Saints do the best job with the old gold. The only problem is you cannot match the helmet.

Attachments

• IMG_9708.jpeg
    IMG_9708.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9709.jpeg
    IMG_9709.jpeg
    772.3 KB · Views: 9