GT Primary Colors debate

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like Nike and UNC Charlotte nailed the “Old Gold” look for their first game…

Adidas could call them up and ask for the color number.

View attachment 16577

Regardless of how these actually looked, the representation in this picture is amazing for what we could and should look like with WHITE and GOLD.

Little things like white facemasks on the gold helmet, and gold facemasks on the whites would be perfect.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Looks like Rudy Allen with Tony Head, David Sims, and Adrian Rucker (?) behind him against Notre Dame. Maybe September 1974? If so, the next year was the “Rudy” year (1975) up at S Bend, the next year (1976) was the year we beat them at BDS w/o throwing a pass, and the next year (1977) was the year Devine supposedly gave Pepper the one finger salute on the way to 69-14 win behind none other than Joe Montana.
Believe that's actually USNA with the gold numerals - ND uses/used white for the blue jerseys - and the socks were typical of the Middies in that era.

Also, just an observation apropos of nothing, that's an All-Caucasian Defensive Front 8 shown... prob just coincidence, but don't believe you'd find that at ND in that era....... Just sayin'.....

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Regardless of how these actually looked, the representation in this picture is amazing for what we could and should look like with WHITE and GOLD.

Little things like white facemasks on the gold helmet, and gold facemasks on the whites would be perfect.
I agree with this. If it wasn’t so physically impossible to match old gold across different materials.

But that being the case, I think things will always look better in Photoshop, for better or worse.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
How about this?

1724352985525.png

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Believe that's actually USNA with the gold numerals - ND uses/used white for the blue jerseys - and the socks were typical of the Middies in that era.

Also, just an observation apropos of nothing, that's an All-Caucasian Defensive Front 8 shown... prob just coincidence, but don't believe you'd find that at ND in that era....... Just sayin'.....
So, I looked up the 1974 season, my FR year. Here are the attendance numbers ( I beleive the capacity of BDS at that time was about 59K):

ND @ BDS - 44,228
USCe @ BDS - 47,171
Pitt @ BDS - 37,361
Clem @ DVS - 40,275
UVA @ BDS - 26,371
UNC @ BDS - 38,413
Auburn @ JHS - 62,907
Tulane @ BDS - 48,623
Duke @ WWS - 34,500
Navy @ BDS - 41,132
UGAG @ S&SS - 47,500

Certainly the weather suppressed the turnout for the UGAg game, but it was lower than the Tulane game at BDS. Maybe that game was a HC? Auburn drew 15K more for Tech than UGA did? Finally, look at the three lowest attended games: UVA, UNC, and Duke. Not sure what can be made of that but I find it quite interesting.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Our conference's elite team, unc, will be broadcast in 4k on August 29 on fox.

The uniforms for the defense will be displayed in an elite manner, just like everything they do.

Will be watching on tube on an elite TV to see how the uniforms compare to espn, which is very good.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

The uniforms for the defense will be displayed in an elite manner, just like everything they do.

Will be watching on tube on an elite TV to see how the uniforms compare to espn, which is very good.

Uh

Ok

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

If you don't see the improvement in color it’s because you don’t want to

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If you don't see the improvement in color it’s because you don’t want to
The talk about the dublin gt not being bold enough was completly disproven on my new tv.
I excited to see if 4K is just for close ups or will be sharp at wide angles ( wr vs db is never seen on tv).

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck

Will the drip walk be televised?