GT Primary Colors debate

Schlandy

Georgia Tech Fan
Threw this together a while back. I know it looks crappy I’m not great at PS, but this is what should be happening as far as shades are concerned
I’ll add the og for comp
IMG_0809.jpeg

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
We can't even agree on what shade of blue we want on this board. Blue, dark blue, and navy blue have all been mentioned. :ROFLMAO:

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
We can't even agree on what shade of blue we want on this board. Blue, dark blue, and navy blue have all been mentioned. :ROFLMAO:
I like our current navy. It’s not true navy blue it’s actually hex code #013057

I think navy is a good accent color for us, and btw for those who don’t think it’s a “true” tech color… we’ve worn navy tops in football occasionally dating back to the 40’s. Clint Castleberry ran over mfos in navy.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Threw this together a while back. I know it looks crappy I’m not great at PS, but this is what should be happening as far as shades are concerned
I’ll add the og for comp
View attachment 16462
Okay while I’m happy with you changing the shade of gold to be consistent… DO NOT ELIMINATE THE NAVY SLEEVE STRIPE. That simple classic gold stripe + empty space + navy stripe pattern on the sleeves is one of my favorite things about our uniform. It’s so classic.
IMG_8035.jpeg
IMG_8036.jpeg
IMG_8038.jpeg
IMG_8039.jpeg

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

White and Gold. Good to see GT still knows our colors.
Pretty funny they still wouldn’t put a gold item in the graphic 😂

Their messaging is so contradictory and confusing. Who found that web page listing “navy” blue as a primary color? Get it right, GT!

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Surprised no one has mentioned the $$$$ efforts of the late Charlotte banker Drew Hearn (for those who came in late, yes, the father of C Andy Hearn, 1984-1985) in the '80s & '90s to persuade Curry, Ross, Cremins, et al, to eliminate blue from our uni's.

Our 1968 Freshman Team wore the Dodd-era (used by Carson for 1967 only) Varsity uni's - here's a cropped shot of my late teammate late Jeff "Boom Boom" Baker - with black numbers and the three stripes were black-gold-black.
Jeff Baker Frog Photo.JPG

Fulcher brought back a version in 1972-1973, but with only two stripes.... and I won't get into the argument over black vs blue.... I just don't remember.... but the "names on the jersey" was a Fulcher add-on for the "locker room."

Here's a crop shot of of former Coca Cola exec, Karl "PeeWee" Barnes wearing that uni....
#0 PeeWee Barnes.JPG
.... and a better look from a game

1972 GT 3 UT 34 Hennessey McAshan McNamara Jones.jpg

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Surprised no one has mentioned the $$$$ efforts of the late Charlotte banker Drew Hearn (for those who came in late, yes, the father of C Andy Hearn, 1984-1985) in the '80s & '90s to persuade Curry, Ross, Cremins, et al, to eliminate blue from our uni's.

Our 1968 Freshman Team wore the Dodd-era (used by Carson for 1967 only) Varsity uni's - here's a cropped shot of my late teammate late Jeff "Boom Boom" Baker - with black numbers and the three stripes were black-gold-black.
View attachment 16515

Fulcher brought back a version in 1972-1973, but with only two stripes.... and I won't get into the argument over black vs blue.... I just don't remember.... but the "names on the jersey" was a Fulcher add-on for the "locker room."

Here's a crop shot of of former Coca Cola exec, Karl "PeeWee" Barnes wearing that uni....
View attachment 16514

View attachment 16516
deepsnap, I do believe that Fulcher's sleeve stripes were dark blue, but the stripes on the helmet and pants were black. I know Pepper's sleeve stripes were dark blue but cannot be totally sure about Fulcher's. I do know the last few Dodd jerseys were black sleeve and pants stripes and numbers.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I’ll add the og for comp
View attachment 16462
My understanding from a few years ago was that gold is difficult to coordinate and match on different materials. True or not true I don't know, but what was said is that the same shade of gold paint looks different on metal, plastic, fabric, and even different fabrics. I remember that the gold paint on the basketball court looked green on the TV screen, but didn't in person.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Probably few if any remember it but you. Thanx for all the historical perspective you provide, DeepSnap. I was certainly unaware of any such pecuniary incentives relating to uniform color.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

View attachment 16515

View attachment 16514

View attachment 16516
How would you describe the gold on the helmets in the third picture? Has anything been created in the past ten years that matches?