GT @ Ole Miss

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I'm sorry to say it. But I couldn't respect myself if I didnt.

We are a completely different team on the road. Especially Jax. His splits are big. But, Q obviously has zero interest in tucking away the White and Gold in the closet.

2-10 or 11, just isn't very good and in my mind establishes enough of a trend to say it's a problem and sets the expectation. That combined with how well Ole Miss seems to play at home......aaaannnnnddddd they have a big that is one par with Ben......

Sorry gents....I think one of the more enjoyable GT seasons is recent memory comes to and end.

And I don't say that lightly. I have had such an enjoyable time watching these players and this staff this season that I can't wait to see what happens with the LSP and what we can do next year. I'm pumped.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I'm sorry to say it. But I couldn't respect myself if I didnt.

We are a completely different team on the road. Especially Jax. His splits are big. But, Q obviously has zero interest in tucking away the White and Gold in the closet.

2-10 or 11, just isn't very good and in my mind establishes enough of a trend to say it's a problem and sets the expectation. That combined with how well Ole Miss seems to play at home......aaaannnnnddddd they have a big that is one par with Ben......

Sorry gents....I think one of the more enjoyable GT seasons is recent memory comes to and end.

And I don't say that lightly. I have had such an enjoyable time watching these players and this staff this season that I can't wait to see what happens with the LSP and what we can do next year. I'm pumped.

I enjoy Peacone eating crow, and hopefully will one more time this season...

/

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I've noticed that too. I think the worse he looks on those TV closeups, the better he plays.

One game I saw sLammers and he was especially neat. His hair was combed and his jersey was neatly tucked. He played like Brad Sheehan.

Later, he looked exhausted. His hair was unkempt and his face was a light shade of blood red. He played like LeBron Chamberlain.

How can anyone explain that phenomenon?

One game I saw sLammers and he was especially neat. His hair was combed and his jersey was neatly tucked. He played like Brad Sheehan.

Later, he looked exhausted. His hair was unkempt and his face was a light shade of blood red. He played like LeBron Chamberlain.

How can anyone explain that phenomenon?
When his face is red, he's ready to rumble. :)

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
I think this team is playing its best basketball of the season. That week off ahead of Indiana seems to have done wonders for getting their legs back underneath them. I think we just saw the two best games we've played all year - both defensively and offensively. Going on the road against an athletic Ole Miss team is a challenge, but I think GT +195 on the money line offers value. I'm with RyanS12 on that play.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Illinois state goes down as both teams decided fouling up 1 with less than 5 seconds was the optimum choice ...

All # 1 seeds in the NIT have been eliminated and next highest seed is #2 Illinois.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The folks who prefer Ole Miss over Syracuse are still feeling the sting of a couple weeks ago, imo. Not thinking through here and now. Ole Miss actually wants to keep playing basketball. After Cuse/UNCG it was clear, and I said as much, that the first solid effort would knock out the Orange despite playing on their court.

As far as the Rebels' 3-point shooting vs. Syracuse, it doesn't translate to our game. At least, it won't if we choose to guard the guys shooting the ball. We (GT) saw first hand at the Dome what happens when you let shooters get in a rhythm, and then still choose to not recognize who and where the shooters are. Difference in the Ole Miss/Syracuse game is the roles were reversed.

We can win this game. It'll be tougher though since they're energized and looking forward to extending their season.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
This might have been mentioned on this board already, but the one thing that makes me nervous about tonight's game is the short Sunday to Tuesday turn around, especially with the second one on the road. That hasn't been a good formula for us this year. Ole Miss got an extra 24 hours off, plus they are home. Nevertheless, we need to come out with some energy. Go Jackets!!!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Interesting note - "Mississippi leads Division I in free throws per game (26.2) and generates 25.2 percent of its points from the free-throw line, the fourth-highest rate in the country, according to KenPom."

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
we should have gone after greg marshall harder. AND HIS WIFE. snicker

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...-wichita-state-tourney-game-article-1.3002808

I could care less about the wife of a coach, and Marshall has the reputation of being an ***, but he is also considered one of the best basketball minds in the country. I've been interested in him since he was at Winthrop a decade ago. I know you are joking but i've wanted him for a long time.

But Marshall is going somewhere big if he ever leaves Wichita St. First off, remember that he turned down a $4.1MM/yr offer from AL 2 yrs ago. Also, he has a cushy situation at Wichita. His salary is currently in the $3.3-3.5MM range and that doesn't include perks like private jet for all recruiting trips (and family vacations), educational trust funds for all his kids. It will take the right job at a high price point to get him.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interesting note - "Mississippi leads Division I in free throws per game (26.2) and generates 25.2 percent of its points from the free-throw line, the fourth-highest rate in the country, according to KenPom."

In many ways there are similar to GT with better outside shooting. For most of the season they have relied on getting inside and getting to the line. in the last half dozen games though they have really been shooting the ball well from deep.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

And they shoot a ton of threes. That's very interesting