GT @ Ole Miss

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Watched a little bit of their game on Saturday - Ole Miss was out of their minds from three (47%), led by a 33% 3 pt shooter who went 6/7 from deep. If they shoot like that again on Tuesday, I don't like our chances. In theory, their sharp shooting should lead us to play a little bit more man, but on 2 days rest that could be a tall order.

Unrelated, but our boy Noodles will more than likely be in the building as his son, Cullen, is a grad transfer.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Is noodles still a head coach. They have been after him at NM State and caused his son to transfer. They haven't gotten over Alford leaving.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Is noodles still a head coach. They have been after him at NM State and caused his son to transfer. They haven't gotten over Alford leaving.

Neal is the head coach at New Mexico. He won 27 games his first year then 15, 17, and 17.

Basketball is a big thing at New Mexico. They have 15k seats to fill and expect to contend in the Mountain West every year. He may not be there much longer.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I used to love to watch televised games from "The Pit" when Kenny Thomas, Damian Walker and they had a really good scoring PG whose name I want to say was Travis Henry but maybe not. That place was rocking in the old WAC.(I think that was the WAC days)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Neal is the head coach at New Mexico. He won 27 games his first year then 15, 17, and 17.

Basketball is a big thing at New Mexico. They have 15k seats to fill and expect to contend in the Mountain West every year. He may not be there much longer.

How many still are beating the drum to bring Noodles back to coach GTMBB?... anyone...???

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Noodles gets one more year. AD said he is coming back.
IMO if he doesn't have a 20 win season next year he is done.

Deleted member 2897

Line seems to be going up. Ole Miss -5.5 now.

Hard to argue with a 6-8 point line. They just won @ Syracuse. They have a great record at home. We have a horrible record on the road. 13-5 for them at home versus 2-10 on the road for us. And those 2 wins were December 7th and January 15th - its been over 2 months since our last one. We have a bad record playing on no rest, even at home. Its spring break, so not much potential for student caravans.

They will have to dig deep and fight to stay in this game I think.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am not optimistic about this game, for many of the reasons already mentioned:
  1. we are on short rest (and shorter rest than Ole Miss)
  2. we are already a thinner roster than Ole Miss
  3. we are a lousy away team, they are a decent home team
  4. they have some shooters who can get hot and bury any opponent
  5. the ACC ain't what is was cracked up to be and the SEC ain't so bad in basketball after all
I'll be cheering us on via TV, but my expectations are low. The force is not strong with this one....

gtuberfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I really think that the whole short rest stuff is getting way overblown. Probably played an effect towards the end of the season but really not an issue now imo. We had a week off before Indiana followed by 5 days off before Belmont. In addition we were able to rest our players some with the lead we had against Belmont. We will be fine on rest.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
In regards to fatigue, players pass the eye test; they def look fresher prior to other 2-day turnarounds. Adrenaline has to be higher playing for trip to the Apple, spring break, so I don't buy into pre-emptive fatigue excuse. Like our underdog role, and have always had faith in energy and effort. If we win CJP's FT metric (we make more than they miss) I think we win. OM is not only more athletic, they're very strong FT % as a team, with a couple guys right about 90%. Making foul shots and staying out of foul trouble are the keys. As for the mental chess game, I think going to OM is more favorable than the Carrier Dome, and I doubt their coaches/players are happier to be playing us over Belmont; now they have to overcome 7th best defense in country. I think our mindset is better heading to tip. 74-69 Thin Gold Line.