GT needed a change

LibertyTurns

Banned
I agree with a lot of your sentiment here but the bolded part is pure nonsense. I went to a service academy with some of the most self absorbed, egotistical, churlish people you've ever met. They are generally self motivated, but a lot of them are driven by an ambition in the military best suited with a start at the Academy of choice. I love all my classmates, but some are harder to love than others. :D

The last sentence is pure gold and spot on.
I ran into a bunch of those all about me Officers from the academies, none that were football players though. Mostly ones that had Daddies that were Admirals/Generals or worse yet frustrated Colonels/Lt Colonels. Add that to the snooty gated community types, short handers, etc. Like everything else nothing is 100% roses, puppies and balloons.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I remember ND, but I didn't remember the same for UT.
I remember a Johnny Majors story about the Monday film session following Georgia Tech's 1977 24-8 win over Tennessee in Knoxville.:cigar: The team was sitting around a huge rectangular table and Johnny Majors came in and threw the spool of game film on the table and told the team that he saw enough of that on Saturday and they could watch it themselves if they wanted to.:LOL:

Animal02

Banned
These are the types of arguments that drive people crazy. Both of you have valid points but then try to use that to make some over reaching point to end the debate. News flash, you're not going to change anyone's mind.

Yes, the program under CPJ was on the decline in recent year. CPJ tenure here at GT was heads and shoulders better than CCG. Its not even close.
Not to mention CCG benefited from above average a spending on football during his tenure......while CPJ saw it nose dive down to Wake level ( last)

slugboy

Staff member
It will show back up in P5 somewhere again. And it will work again. A guy like Monken can probably overcome a lot of that negative BS narrative stuff better than CPJ was ever able to.

Nebraska and Louisville aren’t strict flexbone, but they’re in the neighborhood, and both P5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LibertyTurns

Banned
We also never became irrelevant under gailey the way we did under Johnson. Haven't been ranked since 2nd week of 15.
You’re right, we never started being relevant under Gomer so TECHnically he was never relevant. You can’t regain something if you never developed it in the first place. That’s why they put the “re” before the gain or the “a” if it happens more than once.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I love PJ - one of my favorite GT coaches for a lot of reasons, but it was time for him to go. GT finally won and destroyed a hell of a coach and I think at the end he wasn't the coach he was when he started.

That being said, I would have preferred to go after someone else. My biggest hope with CGC is that he gets the defense to be like what we had under Tenuta. I think he will always frustrate me with his conservative field position calls and I am not sure he is capable of fielding a great offense, but maybe he can pair a good offense with a great defense. Hell, who knows Pnode while he doesn't seem real imaginative (hey at least we didn't run the bush league swinging gate), but he may end up being solid by year 3. I just hate to concede 2 years of garbage.