GT @ NCSU

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree on his perimeter defense but he isn't terrible down low and I think he's a much better rebounder than AD.

Disagree on this. We seem to play way better with less rotations.
What’s the reason to question Moses’s D? He covers a ton of ground and is long. He makes a big difference in our zone.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
What’s the reason to question Moses’s D? He covers a ton of ground and is long. He makes a big difference in our zone.

Most of the concerns people have had with his defense are due to rotations back to the corner of the zone which is the weakness of the zone itself. If a team can make a crisp pass to the wing, then it forces Moses to come up, and stay with that guy longer for the defender from the top to rotate over. If the wing offensive player is quick, he can swing the ball to the corner for an open look unless Banks rotates quickly which is hard. The real issue when it is happening is allowing too easy passes to the wing where you would like to force passes that allow for quicker "handoffs" of defensive assignments and let Moses start rotating back before a pass can be made.

He also gets beat some off the dribble but it is usually by smaller guys, wings and guards, which is to be expected to some degree.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I was at the game last night and boy it felt great to see the state fans walk out crying, GT took all of the air out of the building with the game winner.

For some unknown reason the game which has been typically broadcast out here this season when on DirectTV channel 646 was blacked out !! ... but after a frustrating season I wanted to chime in with "great ROAD win" !!
As for the NC State fans, I watched the clip of the last play, at the end look into the crowd at the faces of the fans = priceless.

bos

Helluva Engineer
I'm really just excited the team record improved over last year. I believe they can finish in the middle of the pack in ACC next year, with perhaps 17-18 total wins. Looking forward to the ACC tourney and excited for next season.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Just for grins I just went to the NC State board, their fans give us no credit, but a few say Pastner out-coached Keatts ... the one comment that stood out "winners don't lose to garbage programs like GT"

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Two games in a row with 50% or less FT shooting during final minute. My HS team won the TN state championship at the FT line. That is a disgrace for an ACC team. Could have put BC game away before OT. could be two Losses instead of wins just on that weakness.

yep, goes under the heading of "I'd rather be lucky than good".

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
That was a really impressive win. The Pack at home, senior night, on Tourney bubble, a critical game against inferior team for post-season resume, and Tech comes in and plays the BULK of minutes with 2 Freshmen, 2 Sophomores and a Junior who really only has career minutes that would prob make him a sophomore relative to “experience.” One of most satisfying performances all year.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I'm sorry but the plan to give STATE a long pass and shoot at end was DUMB. With 1.5 secs on clock and ahead and shooting a FT --you JUST HIT THE RIM and LET THEM TRY TO HIT an 85 ft shot.Do NOT let them have a free pass to our front -ct and a shot.Obvious JP does not remember that bluwitt did the same thing and lost to Tenn yrs ago.
It makes me question his thinking--see --his criminal buddy, crazy rotations, questionable Asst hires.
Nice win but-- wow.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I'm sorry but the plan to give STATE a long pass and shoot at end was DUMB. With 1.5 secs on clock and ahead and shooting a FT --you JUST HIT THE RIM and LET THEM TRY TO HIT an 85 ft shot.Do NOT let them have a free pass to our front -ct and a shot.Obvious JP does not remember that bluwitt did the same thing and lost to Tenn yrs ago.
It makes me question his thinking--see --his criminal buddy, crazy rotations, questionable Asst hires.
Nice win but-- wow.

Coach says he was concerned that we would foul them attempting to rebound the missed FT, and that would put them at the line to win.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Nice win but-- wow.
Exactly. The only 2 things you didn't want to do in the situation was airball or make the FT. Which is why I stated earlier a make is the same as an airball which apparently confused people. At least try to purposefully miss it. If you airball instead of hit the rim, who cares?

GT_EE78

Banned
Any road win is a good one especially when the bigs play so well. Sure hope that Moses' streak of good games becomes the trend.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It really is amazing that some of you are ignoring almost the entire game to harp on not intentionally missing a FT.
No we're harping on the awful FT shooting down the stretch entirely as well. We played great and we pulled it out, but we shot 9 of our 10 toes off and almost lost because of it. It shouldn't have even been that close at the end. We will lose games that we were the superior team in if we can't fix these issues.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
No, he meant make. His point was that both an air ball and make keep the clock stopped, which allows them to throw the ball full court, like they did, and almost hit a shot. A miss would take more time off the clock because they would almost have to rebound and shoot a full court shot in one motion because the clock would be running on the rebound.
i thought an ab on the 2nd shot can be rebounded. think your right.