GT @ Miami

How Many Games Will GT Win?

• Total voters
I guess my question is this. Tech has always had the same competition within the state for recruits and the classes students have to take haven't changed in forever, so why now does all the factors negatively affect the program. It took CDH how long before he realized you need good pitching to win big. He's had the attitude that you can win by out homering the other team for way too long. We complain about CBG and what he hasn't been able to accomplish while he's been at Tech. If CPJ hadn't had the year he hadn't the majority of the fan base would have been calling for his head and he beat ugag his first year. Why does Hall get a pass? Coaching today is a profession of what have you done lately not what you did 10 years ago. I to will pull for whomever is on the field playing for yellow jackets. I just want what we had, a bad *** baseball team.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Hell the Marlins fired their coach today after the Braves beat them and they are only five games out of first.

What a hilariously awful comparison. The Marlins have had 5 managers in the last six years and the firing of Mike Redmond has been criticized just about everywhere. Jeffrey Loria is one of the worst owners in the history of the sport and universally reviled by fans and media. He's tanked an entire franchise (Montreal Expos), decieved a city into buying him a new stadium, refuses to invest money into his team, and puts all revenue sharing money directly into his pocket. The only reason the guy owns a team is to suck the money out of it. If you want to talk about running a good baseball program the Marlins are not even the last team you should be talking about. They shouldn't be talked about at all.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I guess my question is this. Tech has always had the same competition within the state for recruits and the classes students have to take haven't changed in forever, so why now does all the factors negatively affect the program. It took CDH how long before he realized you need good pitching to win big. He's had the attitude that you can win by out homering the other team for way too long. We complain about CBG and what he hasn't been able to accomplish while he's been at Tech. If CPJ hadn't had the year he hadn't the majority of the fan base would have been calling for his head and he beat ugag his first year. Why does Hall get a pass? Coaching today is a profession of what have you done lately not what you did 10 years ago. I to will pull for whomever is on the field playing for yellow jackets. I just want what we had, a bad *** baseball team.

We have the best college baseball program in the State of Georgia over the last 5 years or so. This year included. Not saying much I know, but it is what it is. That's why I think we need to go out of state more.

Pitching was good overall last year for GT. But we didn't have the elite pitching that is needed ..... Luke Bard was drafted in first round as a JR. But he was awful as a FR. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=Luke-Bard So we have developed talent, but they have been projects. Once they are good enough, poof they are gone.

Who we keep after this year's draft will determine next year's season, along with injuries. Like Smelter who is a stud with a bad shoulder ....... We get two or three healthy Smelters who are starters as FR and we'll be up there in the top 10. But the odds aren't good.