GT @ Miami

How Many Games Will GT Win?

• Total voters

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gold chased in B5 1 out. Down 4-5. Zac Attack in with man on first and third.

I agree, Miami is really good. But at least we are playing baseball rather than piñata today.

Update: Going to T6 it's 4-6. Zac didn't settle in and had a single and walk. But that was to set up the inning ending DP.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Zac gives up a HR. Down 4-9 in the 6th. Game over now.

Need to pull Zac since he'll be pitching early next week ..... Fluke up 4-0 B6. And Pitt 3-2 B4.

Zac gives up another HR. Told you we should have pulled Zac. 4-10.

Update: Zac pulled. Whoever replaces him isn't as good. But the game is over with the Miami relievers. Put in some Fr fodder for "experience".

Update: Pitt up 4-2 over VT. How would you feel as a VT fan to get swept by Pitt?
A: About as good as getting swept by BC.

How's the golf team doing?

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Lol.

Well I don't know about anyone else but I can't wait to get away from these guys. They're absolutely on fire right now. They're destroying pitches that aren't even bad pitches. The last two home runs they hit were on pitches that weren't even in the strike zone! The first one was low and inside and this second one was way in on the hands. And a lot of the hits they've had today have been on good pitches. Just can't get one past these guys right now.

I think we just ran into a freight train this weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lol.

Well I don't know about anyone else but I can't wait to get away from these guys. They're absolutely on fire right now. They're destroying pitches that aren't even bad pitches. The last two home runs they hit were on pitches that weren't even in the strike zone! The first one was low and inside and this second one was way in on the hands. And a lot of the hits they've had today have been on good pitches. Just can't get one past these guys right now.

Wouldn't it be sweet to beat Miami in the ACC tourney, again?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sure that'd be cool but I'd much rather just not play them again at all this year. If they don't get a national seed for the tournament someone did them dirty.

Miami is a lock for national seed, IF they do ok in the ACC tourney. Before this weekend, they were 4 in RPI and 8 in coaches poll. Now they are #2 in RPI.

Good news; UGAg down 0-8. If Tenn wins, UGAg is 13th of 14 in SEC and doesn't go any where:p

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
LOL, the WREK announcers just said that the wheels have come entirely off, now they know what's up ...... 4-16. 38 runs on GT in this series.

Oh well, Tuesday is a new day. Fluke 6-1 with one out B7. So Wake has 6 outs left.

Right now it looks likes we are playing UNC on Tuesday ........

Update: 4-17 and still going. Does this qualify for wheels off?

Squints

Helluva Engineer
We're gonna need to bring in someone who isn't a back up reliever just to end the game. And that's what we did. Bummer. Shouldn't have had to burn Gorst.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Haha the producer must have told the ESPN3 announcer who's a former Miami player to tone down the fellatio of Miami. All of sudden he started complimenting our team completely out of the flow of conversation. Talked more about us the last two minutes then he did the previous two games combined.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Fluke wins 8-1. GT is in. If VT loses, we play UNC. If VT wins, we get UVa. Go Pitt! Pitt up 7-6 going to T8.

We now have a new season. Yeah, we sucked at the end but played well for the first 2/3rds. Now to do a run like we like to do ......

Also good news: UGAg loses and Tenn wins. The dwags have their next game next year. :p:LOL::ROFLMAO:(y):mooning:

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Zac gives up a HR. Down 4-9 in the 6th. Game over now.

Need to pull Zac since he'll be pitching early next week ..... Fluke up 4-0 B6. And Pitt 3-2 B4.

Zac gives up another HR. Told you we should have pulled Zac. 4-10.

Update: Zac pulled. Whoever replaces him isn't as good. But the game is over with the Miami relievers. Put in some Fr fodder for "experience".

Update: Pitt up 4-2 over VT. How would you feel as a VT fan to get swept by Pitt?
A: About as good as getting swept by BC.

How's the golf team doing?

They are hanging in there. Shooting four over par today on a nice day in San Diego... They are in 4th, 2 strokes above 5th place. Uga is in 3rd... :| UGA shot 10 under par yesterday and are at 3 under today.. Can't imagine next year with Ollie and Anders gone.. Gonna be hard work.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
They are hanging in there. Shooting four over par today on a nice day in San Diego... They are in 4th, 2 strokes above 5th place. Uga is in 3rd... :| UGA shot 10 under par yesterday and are at 3 under today.. Can't imagine next year with Ollie and Anders gone.. Gonna be hard work.
We ended up third...one spot ahead of the mutts.

Tech is baseball has turned into an after thought. Look how registered users on this board participate on the baseball thread. Danny Hall has been at Tech just long enough to where he is hurting the program he help sustain when coach Morris left. Either he is not developing his players like he used to or he is not getting the same level of talent any more. Which ever the case, the results suck. I have quit giving him a pass because he seems to own the ACC tourney. What good is it if you can't do anything else. This is a program that used to host regionals and super regionals with a legit chance of going to CWS. Now we are a middle of the pack ACC team scratching to get into the ACC tourney. What is it, 5 years now we have been down. When does it end? Is Tech baseball as we knew it gone forever. Has the UVA's and UNC's of the conf passed us and left us behind? One more thing, the arse kicking Tech took in coral gables is pathetic and should never happen. Hell the Marlins fired their coach today after the Braves beat them and they are only five games out of first. How long does Danny get to turn this around. By the way Clemson fans fell like we do right now. They are screaming for Jack Legget to hit the road. Nuke I couldn't keep quiet any longer sorry.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
College baseball is an after thought generally, imo. Not just with GT. So, forum participation is not a measure of the program.

I question CDH in getting the most from our club in ncaas, but we've been competitive most years. It's not like basketball under cbg.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tech is baseball has turned into an after thought. Look how registered users on this board participate on the baseball thread. Danny Hall has been at Tech just long enough to where he is hurting the program he help sustain when coach Morris left. Either he is not developing his players like he used to or he is not getting the same level of talent any more. Which ever the case, the results suck. I have quit giving him a pass because he seems to own the ACC tourney. What good is it if you can't do anything else. This is a program that used to host regionals and super regionals with a legit chance of going to CWS. Now we are a middle of the pack ACC team scratching to get into the ACC tourney. What is it, 5 years now we have been down. When does it end? Is Tech baseball as we knew it gone forever. Has the UVA's and UNC's of the conf passed us and left us behind? One more thing, the arse kicking Tech took in coral gables is pathetic and should never happen. Hell the Marlins fired their coach today after the Braves beat them and they are only five games out of first. How long does Danny get to turn this around. By the way Clemson fans fell like we do right now. They are screaming for Jack Legget to hit the road. Nuke I couldn't keep quiet any longer sorry.

Don't expect me to defend our overall performance this year. I trace it mostly to lack of pitching. What we hit in Miami and Louisville earlier in the season were teams which were elite and we are only good overall. So they kicked our butts.

I think the lack of pitching was caused by the draft last year (including Heddinger leaving), and not having depth. Over the last few years, our pitching has been much better and we've gotten a lot of people drafted. But even with the "normal" level of GT pitching, we won't compete with the elite teams.

A question could be, "What is the purpose of GT baseball?". For football we know. It represents a core identity and a strong source of impetus for alumni donations (probably most important). For basketball, we have lost our way and that's another discussion. But baseball?

Baseball has never been a fan favorite at GT. When I went in the late 70's we were very good and no one that I knew in the student body cared. And I don't think there is any correlation to alumni giving; any more than say the tennis team or golf team or triathlon (one of the best) team. So if it isn't money or student involvement, what is the purpose? I think the purpose has become developing kids who decide to come to GT and giving them the best chance to get drafted as possible. All the while they do good in school and graduate. That is what Hall has built and is consistent with what the administration wants. If I were Bobinski, I wouldn't fire Hall based on what little I know. There probably just isn't enough emotion from the donors to warrant action. Bobinski is going to get fired over a football or basketball problem.

I think the biggest "problem" with our team is the lack of out of state players. Only a few are from out of state. Maybe that is recruiting budget or maybe personality of the baseball recruiting team or maybe just nationwide competition (there are about 300 college baseball teams). If we want to compete with elite teams, we need to get more elite from top to bottom. There are a bunch of good baseball programs in Georgia which we compete with and many kids don't want to put up with having to do the classwork at GT. And we have to keep them after the damn draft. We consistently lose our top prospects (Kel excepted) to the draft.

As Bill Clinton said, "I feel your pain." But I don't have an answer. And I have to question why it matters, since I don't see things changing appreciably any time soon either.

But I always root for the kids who come to GT and play for us, just as I know you do. Nothing in this response means I don't think you don't support the kids who play for GT. We all want more wins and runs at the NCAAs.