GT / Louisville

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Won a little scratch thanks to NJ allowing online betting. (I was there for work yesterday and put money on us plus the points but also took the over. Ended up a little ahead overall)

Went to the game tonight. Was surrounded by Louisville faithful. They were pretty quiet given they never had the lead. Lots of bitching and moaning about calls, but even that was tame. Felt great to say "Nice game" when they left down 4 with 0.3 on the clock and Mike walking to the line. :)

I think Jose on Nwora completely messed with their heads. So much of their offense is predicated on getting the ball to him and having the D over-focus on him. Jose took him out of that role and they really struggled to get into any kind of offense. (So did we, but I'm used to that)

Great win.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Also just goes to show how frustrating this team is. If they got their head out of their behind, we could easily be top 5 in the ACC right now looking at a NCAAT berth. We just make a few mistakes too many to do that.

There is something to be said about knowing how to win close games late and knowing how to push decent leads into comfortable ones so you don't have to win the close game late. Hopefully the experience we are getting this year in those situations, even in losses pays off in the future with what we should be returning.

Deleted member 2897

Awesome effort tonight, man I was so wrong about Moses Wright. That dude is a player. Also just goes to show how frustrating this team is. If they got their head out of their behind, we could easily be top 5 in the ACC right now looking at a NCAAT berth. We just make a few mistakes too many to do that.
Wrong when - recently? He only played basketball his final year of high school. Nobody thought he was a division 1 basketball player.

Deleted member 2897

Sorry if it’s already been posted, but a few thoughts.

1) A few people’s absence right now makes you wonder whose side they’re on.
2) 64 points tonight - 62 from our 5 starters.
3) All 5 starters in double figures.
4) Made 15 of our last 19 from the free throw line.
5) I’m not going to complain about turnovers or stats against the #5 team. They’re the #5 team for a reason.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty good crowd for a week night game. At least it was loud. Hard to tell upper level on tv.
Crowd was atrocious for a game against national #5, but those that were there were loud. Students showed up but the rest of the place looked pitiful at tip-off, and then filled in a little bit.

Great win though, and great time in the thriller dome.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Such a good win. This is what has frustrated me all season, we can play ball. Previous seasons it seemed like we could win a good number of games but didn't. This season it's more of the should win and we haven't been performing to our capability. Stay healthy and close out the season.

Also the refs ruined the flow of the game. I'm not advocating for rough play but a bunch of fouls on both sides were nonsense.