GT / Louisville

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
So great to see this team finally close out a game like this. Feels like hardly none of these have gone our way this season.

The good guys also had to deal with some HORRIFIC reffing tonight. Lots of fantom foul calls on both sides it seemed.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nostradamusconnell62! 18 TOs & a win.
I thought turnover #18 was gonna come back to get us! Mike cannot turn it over right there.

We were terrible from the line the entire game, but knocked down the final 6 to seal the deal!

Those refs were absolutely atrocious! Aside from some of the ticky-tack fouls that cost us James (who had a great game), most went our way, but they were ****tay!!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Wire to wire win against a top 5 team in the country? Hell yeah. Just makes you wonder how much different this season could’ve played out. Still too many turnovers, but took advantage of UL’s turnovers as well. UL shot miserably all night, and absolutely dominated on the boards. Tech has definitely played better games this year, but this is one that turned into a W.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll add to the winning time thread to hopefully make it a bit longer.

We won this on D. giving up 58 to Louisville is a great D performance. I don't think LV played their best game and both teams missed a lot of open shots in the 20-30 min time frame but we played solid D throughout the game. '

Offensively Jose was really good. We started out moving the ball and getting shots but about halfway through the first half it became whether Jose could penetrate and kick to start an offense. Was not a pretty ball game but we were grittier than LV and that is a good thing.

I am one who would fire CJP yesterday but anyone has to admit that these guys play hard for him. Kudos to him and the team

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Really solid game all around. Good defense. Offense had it's issues at times and for a while FTs were killing us, but they sealed the game for us at the end. Jose really set the pace early and various guys stepped up throughout the game to keep UL at arms length. Banks played great early with 3 very nice hook shots. Moses came through in the second half with going to the middle of the zone (along with the big not goaltending block). Devoe struggled for a lot of the game but when the game was on the line he came through with a big 3, then a timely and 1, and then the FTs to seal it.

Also, I thought Usher played great. For the most part was smart on the offensive end and his energy on D was infectious. We won that game in large part because of the numerous hustle plays that we made and it started with him early.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
Awesome effort tonight, man I was so wrong about Moses Wright. That dude is a player. Also just goes to show how frustrating this team is. If they got their head out of their behind, we could easily be top 5 in the ACC right now looking at a NCAAT berth. We just make a few mistakes too many to do that.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Awesome effort tonight, man I was so wrong about Moses Wright. That dude is a player. Also just goes to show how frustrating this team is. If they got their head out of their behind, we could easily be top 5 in the ACC right now looking at a NCAAT berth. We just make a few mistakes too many to do that.

We literally give games away. Our turnover margin is attrocious.

Luckily in this game, Louisville with 16 TOs was just as bad as we were (18 TOs).