1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

GT / Louisville

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by connell62, Feb 12, 2020.

1. connell62

connell62 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

I'm sure that this will be an unpopular opinion, but I think that we have a good shot at an upset tonight. The Cards like to play through the post, and we have the size to match-up.

I doubt that we catch them sleeping after the scare we put into them at their place, but if we can keep Nwora in check, and we get the good versions of James and Moses, I could see us pulling it off.

Oh, and we have to stay south of 20 turnovers..LOL Line: GT + 6 (wouldn't touch it but indicates a close game)

2. tsrich

tsrich Helluva Engineer

UL doesn't turn the ball over that much, and shoots well from outside. Assuming they don't have a bad shooting night, I think this is a bad game for us. UL by >10

3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Winning tonight after losing to bad teams like Pitt would be an absolute Georgia Tech thing to happen.

4. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

GT will win. Because we like surprise wins against good teams, and horrible losses against teams we should beat.

We're GT...we can do it!

(Did I do that right?)

GTRhino24, iceeater1969 and lauraee like this.
  5. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

On one hand it wouldn't surprise me to see us win. I think stylistically we match up well with them and we've been competitive in pretty much every game. Gambler's fallacy would tell us we're due to pull out a close one.

On the other hand gambler's fallacy would also say we are due to for a bad night, and UL certainly has the fire power to run away from just about any team if they get hot.

6. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

I don't get the impulse to dismiss teams like Pitt as bad. They took LOLvl to overtime. They have 15 wins, and I don't think it's a stretch for them to get to 19 or 20 wins by the end of the regular season. I think the ACC has more parity this year, and we don't have the powerhouse teams this year, but I think 4 to 12 may be better than in the past. Just my subjective opinion.

TheSilasSonRising and connell62 like this.
  7. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Because we hired coaches at the same time and we want them to be worse than us to prove that we hired the right coach and they hired the wrong one?

That's my theory for why we want to dismiss Pitt as being bad...

8. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I was just going off KenPom. I consider any team to be around 100 or greater to be not good. (I know that is arbitrary.). It had nothing to do with any perspective on our coaches.

9. RyanS12

RyanS12 Helluva Engineer

We will win tonite, Feel great for a week and talk about how we will win out and make the tournament, then proceed to get rolled at Wake next week.....

10. sidewalkGTfan

sidewalkGTfan Helluva Engineer

We have yet to beat a team this year that would be in the NCAAT if it started today. I don’t expect that to change tonight.

11. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

They're 78, and we're 81.
    https://kenpom.com/

12. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

They've won 2 of their last 3 to move up to there. Its still not a number I would consider good. At least, that's the logic behind my statement.

13. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

lauraee likes this.
  14. H-Wade

H-Wade Helluva Engineer

Nope there's already a thread on the football board where they complain because blue shirts are included in the giveaway. SHOULD BE WHITE AND GOLD ONLY.

15. dtm1997

Fair, but compared to only Navy previously, a choice has to be considered progress.

lauraee likes this.
  16. H-Wade

H-Wade Helluva Engineer

I agree 100% but unfortunately not everyone feels the same way.

17. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Man, Pastner has aged a lot since taking this job...lol

18. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

[​IMG]

Preparing myself for tonight’s game with some Glenmorangie Allta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuseJacket and Gold1 like this.
  19. dtm1997

Pretty big list. 2 High end 4*s and a 5* PG.

20. YlJacket

YlJacket Helluva Engineer

If he can close he may well wriggle through this