GT Hoops General Topics

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We’re not appealing the vacated record for the determined ineligible players, during Coach Curley’s first year. Technically there goes 21 wins and 1 of our 3 winning seasons this decade.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We’re not appealing the vacated record for the determined ineligible players, during Coach Curley’s first year. Technically there goes 21 wins and 1 of our 3 winning seasons this decade.
Who was ineligible that season? Justin Moore, right?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Is it just me or does Moore seem incredibly sad this year. He's struggled but he's still one of our more balanced players offensively and defensively. Usher has rightfully passed him in the rotation but he can still be a useful player.

Hope he can get back into the fray but it's looking dubious.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Is it just me or does Moore seem incredibly sad this year. He's struggled but he's still one of our more balanced players offensively and defensively. Usher has rightfully passed him in the rotation but he can still be a useful player.

Hope he can get back into the fray but it's looking dubious.
Expected more out of Khalid Moore. I’d like to have Coach Reveno work with him, more.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We're overrating Reveno by quite a wide margin lately. He's good but he's not Midas out here making gold.
Tell me Evan Cole hasn’t improved since Eric started devoting time to post play with him? I loved Coach LaBarrie(not the violations, in no way supporting those).

Have at me, I know you will. Objectively speaking, please tell me what CER has done wrong?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tell me Evan Cole hasn’t improved since Eric started devoting time to post play with him? I loved Coach LaBarrie(not the violations, in no way supporting those).

Have at me, I know you will. Objectively speaking, please tell me what CER has done wrong?

Coach Rev has done a great job with developing our post players, but I think that piece of tangible evidence has been somewhat overvalued because it's tangible positive evidence among a sea of tangible challenges.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Direct your attention to @dtm1997 's response. He pretends to hate me and my alleged ice cream choices, but he's always got my back.

Seriously, long story long, Reveno is a good asst coach but folks talk about him like he walks on water. Alls I'm saying is, if he wants to get to Europe, he can't just walk it. He's gotta take a plane .. on GT's dime .. under the guise of "recruiting".

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Khalid was really forcing the issue. Especially on offense. He has really been playing outside of his self maybe because he wanted to prove to the staff that he deserved his mins once usher became eligible.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This is what I know about Reveno:

Ben Lammers: Barely played under Brian Gregory. Reveno comes in, and Lammers becomes All-ACC and Defensive POY.

James Banks: Pretty much an afterthought at Texas, and barely registered any impact. Transferred to GT, and under the tutelage of Reveno, became the top shot blocker in the ACC, top 10 in the nation.

Moses Wright: I don't think he was rated as a recruit until he signed with us and got a magical "bump" in ratings. Physically gifted, but extremely raw. Probably our most consistent player this year, and averages almost a double double (13pt/8rebs). Easily our most efficient player. Will probably be our starting center next year and could be a preseason All ACC candidate. Might even be on one of the All ACC teams this year before it's all said and done.

Reveno isn't the God of big men, but his impact on our big men is pretty impressive.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is what I know about Reveno:

Ben Lammers: Barely played under Brian Gregory. Reveno comes in, and Lammers becomes All-ACC and Defensive POY.

James Banks: Pretty much an afterthought at Texas, and barely registered any impact. Transferred to GT, and under the tutelage of Reveno, became the top shot blocker in the ACC, top 10 in the nation.

Moses Wright: I don't think he was rated as a recruit until he signed with us and got a magical "bump" in ratings. Physically gifted, but extremely raw. Probably our most consistent player this year, and averages almost a double double (13pt/8rebs). Easily our most efficient player. Will probably be our starting center next year and could be a preseason All ACC candidate. Might even be on one of the All ACC teams this year before it's all said and done.

Reveno isn't the God of big men, but his impact on our big men is pretty impressive.

His impact on our big men is very impressive. Nobody disputes that.

My point is that our collective perception has overrated its value.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
LOL!

"College basketball is all about guard play"

- Coach Josh Pastner, every press conference

Our guard play lately is about getting the ball to a big in the paint.

Our D without shot blocking? James has more blocks than like 5 ACC teams.

I doubt our roster with a lesser coach for the bigs plays nearly as well.

With that being said, Jose has really been a difference maker.