GT Hoops General Topics

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Gardner-Webb won the Big South to punch their first ticket to the Big Dance. I guess their run began with beating us and Wake Forest.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This season overall has not been as disappointing as some would make it out to be. There have been good road wins against Syracuse and Arkansas, plus a home win against Notre Dame.

Unfortunately, loses against a poor Georgia team at home and a blowout loss at home against Clemson negate the good wins in the minds of many, including local recruits.

Pastner was a good recruiter at Memphis. Memphis has a good local brand. Tech had a good brand in Atlanta 15 years ago, but not now. Too many years of bad ADs. People wonder why Pastner was a good recruiter at Memphis, but not so far at Tech. Selling is easier when you have a good product to sell. The product is stale.

Unless Pastner and Stansbury can rebuild that brand in basketball the way Collins is trying to do in football, recruiting will suffer-- and so will the program. If I had the answer, I'd be the AD.

Pastner needs a couple of breaks, like Cremins had with Price and Salley. I hope he gets them.
Dont forget Gardner Webb

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I would think he might be “stripped” of an Assistant Coaching job with his Alma Mater, in the future.

o-u1.gif

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Pardon me if I’m getting a tad off topic. Did anyone see any of the GHSA Playoffs? Mostly wondering if a Matt Harpring type was wandering around out there for GT to discover?