GT Hoops General Topics

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
This season overall has not been as disappointing as some would make it out to be. There have been good road wins against Syracuse and Arkansas, plus a home win against Notre Dame.

Unfortunately, loses against a poor Georgia team at home and a blowout loss at home against Clemson negate the good wins in the minds of many, including local recruits.

Pastner was a good recruiter at Memphis. Memphis has a good local brand. Tech had a good brand in Atlanta 15 years ago, but not now. Too many years of bad ADs. People wonder why Pastner was a good recruiter at Memphis, but not so far at Tech. Selling is easier when you have a good product to sell. The product is stale.

Unless Pastner and Stansbury can rebuild that brand in basketball the way Collins is trying to do in football, recruiting will suffer-- and so will the program. If I had the answer, I'd be the AD.

Pastner needs a couple of breaks, like Cremins had with Price and Salley. I hope he gets them.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I am actually floored at that stat. Not because I want to make look CJP inept or keep Peac happy thinking CJP is inept - but the way we play I didn't percieve we were getting a lot of TOs and for sure didn't think we were scoring off of them. I thought it was much more of a just try to keep from turning it over mentality while watching us average north of 15 TOs per game. I spent my time scouring the who lost points side of that post before I happened to see us. wow :confused:

Pretty sure that tweet was about football.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Arrggghhh - make sense. Especially when you look at LV leading the pack.

Now not only do I have to expect Pea is prone to sarcasm but stats on the basketball board are actually FB stats.
Life's a real ***** :(

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If we had an AD worth a **** when Hewitt was fired, we wouldn't have had to choose between either BG or Mooney.

We had LazyAD.
I do not disagree, but we were in a financial crisis of when we hired BG. The problem was not so much the hiring process as it was the contract negotiations with Paul Hewitt.

But, in defense of Hewitt, he was able to recruit at GT and for most of his time here talent was not the issue.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
If we had an AD worth a **** when Hewitt was fired, we wouldn't have had to choose between either BG or Mooney.

We had LazyAD.
I was just thinking about him a week or two ago, so I checked his record. No NCAA appearances since their magical sweet 16 run that had us bidding for him. At least we didn't outbid Richmond and sign him to a 10 year guaranteed deal like they did to retain him.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I was pretty embarrassed by our performance on the court under his leadership
I did not like our performance, so we agree about that. What I said was that his behavior was never an embarrassment. We graduated our players and played by the rules. That is not a high bar, but it is something.