GT Hoops General Topics

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Is @Tenn the biggest game for the program of the decade? Maybe @Syracuse the last game of 16-17? Win this game and we’ll be ranked next week.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Is @Tenn the biggest game for the program of the decade? Maybe @Syracuse the last game of 16-17? Win this game and we’ll be ranked next week.

No we absolutely will not. St Johns, Nebraska, Texas Tech, St Louis, Buffalo are all well in front of anyone thinking of us even IF we were to defeat UT. After watching the game last night there are some things to take way. One of them is that we have some shooters. The others aren’t great.

Tennessee is a stupidly solid team. Our chances to win are at about 1% and if we were to win would be seen as fluky. That performance last night won’t be helpful with anyone who actually watched the game.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
No we absolutely will not. St Johns, Nebraska, Texas Tech, St Louis, Buffalo are all well in front of anyone thinking of us even IF we were to defeat UT. After watching the game last night there are some things to take way. One of them is that we have some shooters. The others aren’t great.

Tennessee is a stupidly solid team. Our chances to win are at about 1% and if we were to win would be seen as fluky. That performance last night won’t be helpful with anyone who actually watched the game.

Overreacting to down roster play?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Most of the AP voters didn’t watch that game anyway. They just see you beat #6 on their court and then overreact and put you in their Top 25. Overreaction is a bigger factor in rankings in early season than how good the teams actually are.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
All I was really trying to get at is some juniors and sophomores in high school would notice Georgia Tech if we were to win this game.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Damn P...Who pissed in your cornflakes? You sound like the grumpy old dude yelling at kids to get off your lawn! The second half wasn’t good, but we were up 28 at one point, it wasn’t all bad, bro.

We’re not ready to talk about beating a team like Tennessee, but damn. Do you ever look at the glass as being half-full?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Damn P...Who pissed in your cornflakes? You sound like the grumpy old dude yelling at kids to get off your lawn! The second half wasn’t good, but we were up 28 at one point, it wasn’t all bad, bro.

We’re not ready to talk about beating a team like Tennessee, but damn. Do you ever look at the glass as being half-full?

I'm ready to talk about beating TN (not saying it'll happen, but I'm ready)

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

I just say what I see man. I agree it wasn’t all bad but I don’t like pretending. We don’t change people’s minds from having us as the 14th or 15th team in the ACC to a top 25 squad because we beat UT. More likely it brings about questions about the Vols, not praise for the Jackets..

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just say what I see man. I agree it wasn’t all bad but I don’t like pretending. We don’t change people’s minds from having us as the 14th or 15th team in the ACC to a top 25 squad because we beat UT. More likely it brings about questions about the Vols, not praise for the Jackets..

Where were you expecting us to be coming into the season. I thought most logical people felt like we would take our lumps this year. We lost our best player to the draft and we have a young team filled with freshmen and sophomores. In the ACC, that's a recipe for bottom of the league. Best case scenario (IMO), is that the team comes together, and we finish somewhere in the 8-10 range. Similar to his Pastner's first year.

There was enough there to be encouraged that this season wasn't going to be a dumpster fire. I'm not looking to make excuses for them, but it's difficult for a young team to keep focus up 28. I fully expect us to get boatraced against Tennessee, but I'm hoping that we show up and compete for 40.

That will be a W in my book.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Where were you expecting us to be coming into the season. I thought most logical people felt like we would take our lumps this year. We lost our best player to the draft and we have a young team filled with freshmen and sophomores. In the ACC, that's a recipe for bottom of the league. Best case scenario (IMO), is that the team comes together, and we finish somewhere in the 8-10 range. Similar to his Pastner's first year.

There was enough there to be encouraged that this season wasn't going to be a dumpster fire. I'm not looking to make excuses for them, but it's difficult for a young team to keep focus up 28. I fully expect us to get boatraced against Tennessee, but I'm hoping that we show up and compete for 40.

That will be a W in my book.

We weren’t talking about my expectations. I was only replying to the idea that we would be in the top 25 if we beat UT, which I think is categorically untrue.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We weren’t talking about my expectations. I was only replying to the idea that we would be in the top 25 if we beat UT, which I think is categorically untrue.
I won't say which side of the debate I am on but I sure hope the debate does not remain theoretical. I want to know if/where we are ranked after we beat Tennessee.