GT Hoops General Topics

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Back in August I asked a journalist closely connected to GTAA if we had applied for a waiver for Banks. His answer was, "no, but it was more like, not that I know of." Later, I asked KQ the same question and he said that he thought they had, but had not gotten an answer.

If hardship waivers are being granted, and Banks qualifies, I can only understand one reason for not applying. The staff thinks he needs a year to develop.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
I say he can develop while he's playing this year. ;) They have done a good job developing talent but can't they do it while he's playing in the acc this year?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I say he can develop while he's playing this year. ;) They have done a good job developing talent but can't they do it while he's playing in the acc this year?

My guess is that it has more to do with class spacing and the belief that a "5th" year will see even greater improvements. We lose AD this year and if Banks played we'd lose him the year after. Without already bringing in a center recruit it would create a weakness when that happens. I know people aren't in favor for playing for the long term but when Okogie went pro I think the sights were set more for 19-20 and 20-21 than this year. Could be wrong though.